Quinoa Curd Rice Recipe – Quinoa Thayir Sadam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Quinoa is a healthy seed which makes perfect curd rice all the time. It is healthy and makes a perfect lunch.
Quinoa in Spanish, from is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edibleseeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family. As a chenopod, quinoa is closely related to species such as beetroots, spinach and tumbleweeds. As a member of the Amaranthaceae family, it is related to and resembles amaranth, which is also a pseudocereal. After harvest, the seeds must be processed to remove the coating containing the bitter-tasting saponins. The seeds are in general cooked the same way as rice and can be used in a wide range of dishes. The leaves are eaten as a leaf vegetable, much like amaranth, but commercial availability of quinoa greens is limited.
Hope you will give this try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Quinoa - ½ cup uncooked
- Water - 2 cups
- Cucumber - ½ chopped finely
- Milk - ½ cup or as needed
- Curd / Yogurt - 3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Ulundu paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Ginger - 1 tblspn grated
- Green Chilli - 1 chopped finely
- Cook quinoa in water till done.
- Add in cucumber, curd, milk and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in seasoning and let it sizzle.
- Pour it over the quinoa and mix well.
1)Check this link to see how to cook quinoa.
2)Add in chopped cucumbers
3)Add salt to taste
4)Add in yogurt
5)Add in little milk.
7)Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and urad dal
8)Add chopped green chillies and ginger
9)add curry leaves
10)Add a touch of asafoetida
12)Pour it into the rice