“Easy way to roast a chicken in under 2 hours. Moist and Juicy Chicken which requires just few minutes of preparation time. How to Roast a Chicken to get Juicy chicken which turns out so moist and tender all the time”
Everyone loves a good roast chicken. Roast chicken is super delicious and is easy to make.
Cooking RoastChicken Easily. As easy it sounds, Cooking whole chicken may sound easy but there are few key points to note before cooking a whole roast chicken.
Roast Chicken may sound easy but it is bit tricky. Since chicken breast can tend to dry out very easily.
Check out How to Cook Juicy Chicken Breast
HOW TO ROAST CHICKEN
- Chicken : always get young chicken with skins on. make sure you clean the chicken really well and pat them dry completely.
- Flavoured Butter: mix all your herbs and seasonings with the butter. you can play with your imagination. you could add anything to the butter.
- Massaging: make sure you put the butter into the skins of the chicken and all over the chicken. massage it gently and cover it entirely with butter.
- The Vegetable Base: add onions, potatoes and garlic in the base of the tray and place chicken on top of it. The vegetables add as a barriers and makes the chicken roast properly.
- Roasting Time: i used a 2 kg chicken and it took me nearly 1 hour and 30 mins.
- Resting Time: make sure you rest the chicken a good 15 mins before carving.
This is how you roast a chicken. This method will give you perfect moist chicken everytime.
The flavourings which you add in the chicken makes it unique all the time. You could add anything and everything as you like. Here are some of my suggestions.
- Butter, Orange zest, OrangeCardamom, Mint, Salt & Pepper
- Buter, Lemon Zest, Oregano, Basil, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper
- Butter, Peri peri spice mix, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Lemon Juice, Black Pepper, Butter & Salt.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Baking Tray
- 1 4 Pound Whole Chicken with Skins On
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 large Onions
- 1 whole Lemons
- 2 whole Garlic
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all ingredients from butter to lemon juice and mix well.
- Now take a roasting tray, place sliced potatoes, onions, garlic in the base of the pan.
- Now place chicken over the vegetables, spread butter under the skin and massage all over the chicken.
- Apply inside the chicken and outside the chicken and massage well.
- Now place sliced lemons and garlic into the cavity of the chicken and tie both the chicken legs with kitchen thread.
- Now pop the chicken into the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove the chicken from oven after 30 mins, baste the chicken with the chicken juices from the pan.
- Pop the chicken back into the oven and bake for further 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken every 10 mins and baste the chicken with the juices.
- Once the chicken is roasted. Remove the chicken from oven and leave it to rest for 15 mins.
- Carve the chicken and serve.
- Make sure you baste the chicken every 10 mins to keep the roast chicken moist and juicy.
- Be generous with the butter, it adds so much flavor and moistness.
- Season with chicken with salt and pepper generously.
- Never over cook the chicken else it will turn rubbery and dry.
- Allow to rest the chicken for 15 minutes before carving.
MEAL PREP & STORAGE
- You can make the roast chicken a day in advance and reheat it in oven for 30 mins.
- Roast chicken can be stored in fridge for up to a week and can be used in different recipes.
- You can serve it as it is along with some sides of vegetables and rice.
- You can make sandwiches or add them to salads or soups too.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Now let’s make the compound butter. Take unsalted butter in a bowl
3)Add in salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder
4)Add in finely chopped coriander leaves
5)Add in crushed garlic
6)Add in honey
7)Add in lemon juice
8) Mix well
9)Place sliced potatoes, onions and sliced garlic in a baking tray
10)Place chicken with skins on over the vegetables
11)Spoon the butter under the skin and spread it evenly.
13)Stuff inside the chicken with lemon and garlic. Tie both the legs with kitchen thread.
14)Pop the tray into the 180 degree preheated oven, cook for 30 mins.
14)Remove after 30 minutes, spoon the juices over the chicken.
15)Pop it back into the oven, and cook for 1 hour more. Remove every 10 mins and keep basting the chicken with the juices.
16) Keep spooning the juices over the chicken for every 10 mins.
17)Now chicken is cooked
18)Remove the chicken from oven and let it rest for 15 mins at room temp.