Scottish Morning Rolls Recipe - Floury Rolls Recipe
This soft scottish morning rolls are perfect served warm with a cup of coffee or tea. They are also called as floury rolls.
This is a easy rolls which is called as morning rolls. It is super easy to make and can be had any time of the day. These are soft textured rolls which taste great. They are dusted with some flour on top which gives a rustic look to the rolls. You can enjoy this
This is a quick breakfast or brunch option. You can toast the buns and then serve with a spicy egg omelette or chutneys for a indian version. Super yummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Scottish Morning Rolls Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Salt - to taste
- Warm Milk - 1.5 cups or as needed
- Milk for brushing over buns
- Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Pour over some warm milk and mix well. Set aside for 5 mins so the yeast can activate.
- Now take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well
- Add the yeast mix and milk and knead to a soft dough..
- Knead the dough for 5 mins.
- Cover it with plastic wrap. Leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now punch out the air. Divide it into equal portions.
- Take a ball, roll it into a smooth ball.'
- Now roll it into a disc.
- Place it in a greased baking pan. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour.
- During the last 10 mins of rising, preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 12 to 14 mins.
- Serve warm.
1)Take sugar in a bowl
2)Add dry yeast
3)Add some very warm milk over it. Let this sit for 5 mins.
4)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
5)Add in salt.
7)Add the yeast mix in
8)Add in some extra warm milk.
9)Knead to a dough
10)Now knead the dough for 5 mins
11)Now it is nice and smooth
12)Cover with plastic and let it rest.
13)Now it is doubled in size
14)punch out the air
15)Divide it into equal balls
16)Take a ball
17)Roll it into a smooth ball.
18)roll it gently
19)It should be little flat
20)Arrange on a parchment lined baking tray
21)Leave to rise for 45 mins
22)Press the top using your fingers
23)Brush top with some milk
24)Sprinkle some flour over it.
25)Bake till done
27)So soft and fluffy.