Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Macaroni Pasta - 2 cups
- Butter - 3 tblsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped finely
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Tomato - 5 pureed
- Tomato Ketchup - 4 tblsp
- All Purpose flour / Maida - 1 tblsp
- Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder or flakes - to taste
- Mozzarella Cheese as needed
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water as per package directions. Drain and set aside,
- Heat butter in a pan, add in garlic, onions and saute for a min.
- Add in all purpose flour and mix well.
- Add in italian seasoning and mix well.
- Add in tomato puree, ketchup, salt, sugar and chilli powder and cook till it gets thickened.
- Add in water and mix well.
- Once the sauce is done, add pasta and mix well. Simmer for 1 to 2 mins.
- Now take it in a plate, top with shredded cheese and serve.
1)Take tomatoes in a blender
2)Puree till smooth
3)Bring water in a sauce pan to a boil.
4)Add salt to taste
5)Add in some oil
6)Add in pasta
7)Cook till pasta is cooked. Drain and set aside
8)Heat butter in a pan
9)Add in onions and garlic. Saute for a min
10)Add in all purpose flour
11)Saute for a min.
12)Add in italian seasoning.
14)Add in tomato puree
15) mix well
16)Add in water
17)Bring it to a boil
18)Add salt to taste
19)Add sugar to taste
20)Add in ketchup
21)Add in chilli powder or chilli flakes
22)Mix well and let it simmer.
23)Sauce is done
24)Add in cooked macaroni
25)Mix well and cook the pasta in the sauce for 2 to 3 mins
26)Spoon into a plate
27)Top with cheese