Spicy and soft vanjaram meen varuval or fish fry recipe made with fresh masala and fried till perfection.
This is a simple fish fry but it taste amazing. The taste of this dish depends on the fish you use. Use vanjaram fish for best taste. You can use any white flesh fish as well.
Tips for perfect fish fry,
1)Use best fish you can afford.
2)Use the mentioned masalas, dont over do with the spices.
3)use good amount of lemon juice or vinegar
4)Dont deep fry, just pan fry it with little oil.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Seer Fish Fry Recipe | Vanjaram Meen Varuval Recipe
- Fish - 500 grams cut into steaks
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tblspn
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblspn
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar - 3 tblspn
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
- Curry leaves a handful
- Mix all ingredients except fish and oil to a paste. Take each fish and coat with this masala and set aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Now heat oil in a tawa and pan fry fish till golden on each side. Sprinkle over curry leaves while frying which gets crispy when frying and it enhances the flavour.
- Serve hot.
Vanjaram Meen Varuval Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|