South Indian Pakoda Recipe – Pakora Recipeecipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and crunchy morsels of heaven. These pakoda taste amazing hot with a cup of chai on any rainy day or during a cool evening.
Pakoda is hubby’s favourite one. He loves any crunchy pakoda with his cup of tea. Specially this one turns out very close to bakery style one. The main point for crunchy yet melt in mouth pakoda is to make the dough really stiff, so use less water.
Also adding hot oil or ghee into the mixture makes it even more crunchy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Check out my medu pakoda recipe too.
- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2 to 3 slit
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying +1 tblsp
- Take all ingredients in a bowl except water and oil and mix well.
- Now add in 1 tblsp of hot oil and mix well.
- Add in water slowly and make it into a stiff dough.
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Drop small lumps on dough in hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain and serve hot.
1)Take gram flour in a bowl
2)Add in rice flour
3)Add in salt to taste
4)Add in chilli powder and fennel seeds
5)Add in asafoetida
6)Add in curry leaves
7)Add in onions
8)Add in green chillies
9)Add in little baking soda
11)Add in hot oil
13)Add little water at a time
14)Mix well to a stiff dough
15)Take small portion and drop in hot oil
16)Fry till golden brown
17)Fry till it get nice crispy