Kaju Watermelon Recipe - Cashew Watermelon Sweet - Diwali Recipes with step wise pictures.
Super cute watermlelon cashew sweet. These not only looks super adorable but taste so delicious that you cannot stop with just one.
I wanted to try out the variety shapes of kaju sweets which i saw on the shelves of one of my favourite bakery. I thought of making kaju watermelon, strawberry, apple & lotus. Finally i ended up making watermelon and apple. I will soon share apple in a separate post.
I used black sesame seeds for the watermelon seeds and they looked perfect when i cut into it. Once you make the basic cashew dough then you can shape it any way you like.
IMPORTANT: Once the mixture is done, if it looks dry for you to mould, sprinkle some milk and knead till smooth and soft.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kaju Watermelon Recipe
- Cashewnuts - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Red Food Colour
- Green Food Colour
- Black Sesame Seeds - ½ tsp
- Ghee as needed
- Take cashews in a blender and powder it. Dont over run the blender else it will get into a paste like.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Add sugar and water to it. Mix well will a spoon.
- Bring that to a boil and simmer them for 5-8 mins till they form one string consistency.
- To check that take few drops of sugar syrup between your fingers and it should form a string when your press between them(check image). Or you can add few drops of sugar syrup in a bowl of cold water, the sugar syrup wont get dissolved. Or you can take the sugar syrup in a spoon and invert them, the last drop falling from the spoon forms a string like consistency.
- Once the sugar has reached this consistency. Add the cashew powder to it and mix well.
- Mix them for 3-4 mins till the mixture leaves the sides and form a sticky dough.
- Transferred that to a ghee greased plate and let them cool for 5 mins.
- Now grease your hands too and knead them till they get into a smooth ball.
- Divide it into three balls. Dye one ball in red colour and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Dye another ball with green colour.
- Take red ball, roll it into a smooth ball. Place it in flattened green colour and seal the edges.
- Now place it in white and roll it smooth.
- Set aside for 5 mins to dry.
- Cut into quarters.
1)Take cashews in a blender
2)Powder it finely
3)Take sugar in a nonstick pan
4)Add in water
5)Heat and cook till sugar is melted
6)Bring it to a boil. Cook till 1 string consistency.
7)When you take some of the syrup between your finger, you will be able to form 1 string like this
8)Add in cashew powder
10)Cook till it thickens
11)Now it has got nice and thick
12)once it gets thick like this, take off the heat.
13)Take it in a plate and let it cool down
14)Once it is cooked, add ghee and knead well. Once the mixture is done, if it looks dry for you to mould, sprinkle some milk and knead till smooth and soft.
15)Divide it into three portions.
16)Take one portion and add red food colour to it and some sesame seeds to resemble watermelon seeds.
18)Add green food colour one portion and set aside.
19)Now it is done.
20)Take the white portion, flatten it like this
21)Place the red ball inside it.
22)Seal it and roll it smoothly.
23)Take green dough and flatten it, now place the white ball inside it and seal it.
24)Now it is rolled nicely.
25)Done, leave to harden for 5 mins.
26)Cut it in half.
27)Now cut each half in quarter.