Spanish omelette recipe / Spanish style omelette recipe with step wise pictures
This is my first attempt trying this omelette. I looked through so many recipes and finally made this and it was pretty good actually. The main thing about this omelette is the sweetness of the onion pairs beautiful with the potatoes and eggs. This omelette makes a great breakfast idea, since you can make one huge omelette and portion this as per you need. Taste great with ketchup.
I used thinly sliced potatoes in this and cooked the potatoes till it gets nice and crispy. This way the omelette taste yummy. I strongly suggest you to use olive oil in this recipe which adds nice taste to the omelette.
Fluffy Egg Omelette with Sausage filling
Spicy Egg Omelette for Rice
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Spanish Omelette Recipe
- Olive Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 medium size sliced
- Potatoes - 2 peeled and sliced thinly
- Eggs - 5
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan. Beat eggs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add in onions and saute lightly.
- Add potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add egg over it and gently scramble lightly. So the uncooked eggs set.
- Now cook till the top get cooked and bottom is slightly crispy.
- Now place a plate over it, invert it, nowput the eggs back into the pan.
- Cook for few more mins till potatoes get golden.
- Now remove to a plate and serve.
1)Crack open eggs in a bowl
2)Add salt and pepper to taste
4)Now it is combined
5)Take your potatoes
6)Peel off the skin
7)Slice it thinly
8)Now take some olive oil
9)Add in onion slices
10)Add in potatoes
11)Season with salt and pepper
13)Cook till it gets nice and crispy
14)Pour in your eggs
15)Now everything is poured in
16)Use a spatula to bring the eggs out and cook
17)Cook few more mins till top gets set
18)Now it is almost set and bottom is crispy
19)Place a plate on top and invert it
21)Now put this back into the pan
22)Cook for few more mins till bottom gets crispy as well
23)Now it is getting cooked