Meen Varuthathu Recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy Meen porichathu recipe is a spicy marination coated over fish and fried till crispy.
Meen Varuthathu Recipe
Yummy Masala fish fry is one of my favorite one. I am not a big fan of fish curries, but love fish fry. I have quite a few fish fry recipes in my blog. But this one will hit the spot. It is spicy and totally masalafied.
About Meen Varuthathu Recipe
This is a simple fish fry recipe which we make in our house often..It hardly take any time to cook. So easy by extremely delicious. This taste great with rice and rasam. I made this for lunch today. I also made varutharacha meen kulambu, will post that soon.
Meen Varuthathu Recipe | Meen Porichathu Recipe
- 250 grams Fish
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil for frying
- For Grinding:
- 6 Shallots / Sambar Onion
- 2 inch Ginger
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Lemon for serving
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make into a puree. Add this into the fish pieces and mix well. Marinate it for 30 mins.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Add the fish pieces and fry till golden on both sides.
- Remove and serve.
Meen Varuthathu Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take shallots, garlic, ginger, curry leaves in a mixer|
|Add in pepper, chilli powder and salt|
|Make it into a puree|
|Take fish pieces in a bowl|
|Add masala into the fish|
|Heat oil in a kadai|
|Add in fish pieces and fry it|
|Fry till golden|
|Remove and Serve|
Meen Porichathu Recipe (Simple Version)
Ingredients for Meen Porichathu (Meen Porippu)
- Fish – 10 pieces (I used Parai Meen / Malabar Trevally)
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblspn
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil- for Shallow frying ( Preferably Coconut Oil)
How to Make Meen Porichathu Recipe
- Take fish pieces in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Let this marinate for 15 mins.
- Now heat oil for shallow frying. Once it is hot add the fish pieces and fry for 3 mins on one side and flip over and cook for 2 mins on other side.
- Remove to a plate and serve with rice.
I know how this will taste.. i am a great fan of fish recipes..... and that too when wrapped in banana leaves.. heaven..
Recent Post: http://abowlofcurry.blogspot.com/2014/05/chilli-onion-chutney-easy-chutney-for.html
Chennai is nice place especially for shopping. I'm missing chennai very much. How did u manage with food for Maha when you travelled, did you give her baby food (i mean ready made)
Post some pictures of your trip.
@AdhithiI gave her formula milk, breast milk, idlies, fruits, fruit juices..
could the oil which was used to fry fish be reused for cooking other dishes?
or should it be thrown away.
Once again thanks for your blog, It's been a great help to me. whenever I need a recipe I always search your blog, If I couldn't find one I won't cook it.
@AshokI wont suggest you to use it in any other dishes. You can fry fish another day adn throw it away. But it is better to throw the oil. PLus dont add too much add while frying fish
arulmozhi pradeep kumar
Hi,I like ur blog very much,especially the recipe for kid,am trying out all the porridge for my kid n she likes to..pls tell how u manage her food during travelling ,bcoz I plan to go out..pls suggest..thanks in advance
@arulmozhi pradeep kumarI just pack idlies with me and few fruits as well. I give that to her.
Whats the best fish for making masala fish
@AnonymousYou can use any white fleshed fish
I tried it, it was excellent
Can we use tilapia fillet ... Will it tastes good with this recipe
@Anonymousyes u can use any fish u like
Yesterday i tried this receipe which comes yummy.My hubby loved ur receive so much.Thanq so much Aarthi:-)
This with some Sambhar rice would be the best meal ever!
Made this tonight with Tilapia fish. The taste was amazing. I wiped the pan clean. I kind of shallow fried it and it did stick to the pan. Although the crusty bits stuck to the pan were the best part! I might try grilling in the oven next time.