Meen Varuthathu Recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy Meen porichathu recipe is a spicy marination coated over fish and fried till crispy.
Yummy Masala fish fry is one of my favorite one. I am not a big fan of fish curries, but love fish fry. I have quite a few fish fry recipes in my blog. But this one will hit the spot. It is spicy and totally masalafied.
About Meen Varuthathu Recipe
This is a simple fish fry recipe which we make in our house often..It hardly take any time to cook. So easy by extremely delicious. This taste great with rice and rasam. I made this for lunch today. I also made varutharacha meen kulambu, will post that soon.
📖 Recipe Card
Meen Varuthathu Recipe | Meen Porichathu Recipe
- 250 grams Fish
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil for frying
- For Grinding:
- 6 Shallots / Sambar Onion
- 2 inch Ginger
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Lemon for serving
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make into a puree. Add this into the fish pieces and mix well. Marinate it for 30 mins.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Add the fish pieces and fry till golden on both sides.
- Remove and serve.
Meen Varuthathu Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients
|Take shallots, garlic, ginger, curry leaves in a mixer
|Add in pepper, chilli powder and salt
|Make it into a puree
|Take fish pieces in a bowl
|Add masala into the fish
|Heat oil in a kadai
|Add in fish pieces and fry it
|Fry till golden
|Remove and Serve
Meen Porichathu Recipe (Simple Version)
Ingredients for Meen Porichathu (Meen Porippu)
- Fish – 10 pieces (I used Parai Meen / Malabar Trevally)
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblspn
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil- for Shallow frying ( Preferably Coconut Oil)
How to Make Meen Porichathu Recipe
- Take fish pieces in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Let this marinate for 15 mins.
- Now heat oil for shallow frying. Once it is hot add the fish pieces and fry for 3 mins on one side and flip over and cook for 2 mins on other side.
- Remove to a plate and serve with rice.