Kerala Prawn Fry Recipe with step by step pictures. This Kerala prawn roast recipe which taste so spicy and delicious. Eral Roast taste amazing.
Now off to the recipe. Hubby almost loves all seafood dishes. But this is his absolute favourite one. I have to share one more important thing with you all, can you guys believe that this is my first attempt of making a prawn dish. Actually speaking I have never ever touched a prawn. I was a bit scared when I thought of cleaning it, but it is so easy peasy to clean a prawn. I am planning to do a video on how to clean a prawn, so keep checking it.
Nowadays you can find prawns which are cleaned and frozen right for you in the market, you can use that too. Let's talk something about this recipe. There is nothing more to say than it is spicy, tangy, succulent, juicy and of course YUMMY. I hope you will love this as much my hubby did and tell me how it turned out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Kerala Prawn Fry Recipe | Kerala Prawn Roast Recipe
- Prawns / Shrimp - 20 medium size ones Cleaned & Deveined
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblspn
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblspn
- Take all your ingredients given for marination in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the cleaned prawns and mix well. Let this marinate for 2 hours.
- Now heat coconut oil in a saute pan or frying pan.
- Add in curry leaves and green chilli to it and toss well.
- Now add in the marinated prawns and toss well so that it coats in the oil.
- It will start to leach out some water, but you keep stirring untill it gets dry and all the masala coats the prawn pieces.
- Now you are done.
- Serve it with some hot rice.
Kerala Prawn Fry Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Clean and Devein Prawns|
|Now take all ingredients for marination in a bowl|
|add prawns to it|
|and mix well...|
|Let this marinate for 2 hours|
|Heat some coconut oil in a pan till it is super hot|
|add curry leaves and green chillies|
|add in the prawns too|
|toss well on high heat|
|It will start to leave some water...But you keep stirring|
|till the oil gets evaporated and the masala coats each prawn pieces|