Potato and tindora is a perfect combination and it taste amazing either with rasam or sambar rice. It even taste amazing with curd rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kovakkai Potato Roast Recipe
- Tindora / Kovaikkai - 500 grams cut into long chunks
- Potato - 2 large peeled and cut into long chunks
- Tomato - 1 large chopped
- Oil - 5 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add potatoes and tindora along with salt and turmeric. Toss well.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins till it is done.
- Open the lid and cook on high heat till it crisp up.
- Now add in chilli powder and tomatoes and toss well.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Cut in pieces|
|heat oil and crackle mustard, urad dal and curry leaves|
|let them sizzle|
|add potatoes and tindora|
|add salt and turmeric|
|cover and cook|
|now it is almost cooked|
|now keep cooking on high flame without the lid|
|add in tomatoes|
|add in chilli powder|