Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Kodo Millet Kheer Recipe - Varagu Arisi Payasam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious kheer made using varagu arisi or kodo millet. This has sago added in and has lots of condensed milk which makes it even more rich and tasty.
I had half a packet of kodo millet lying in the fridge for quite sometime. So i decided to make a kheer using that and serve for desert. I tried it immediately it turned out super rich and creamy. The reason for creamy kheer is the addition of condensed milk. It tasted heavenly.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Varagu Arisi Kheer Recipe
- Sago / Sabudana / Javarisi - ¼ cup
- Varagu Arisi / Kodo Millet - ½ cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Boiled Hot Milk - 2 cups or as needed
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder- ½ tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 6 chopped
- Raisans - 2 tblsp
- Take sago and varagu in a pot, add water and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins till it is cooked.
- Take it off the heat and add in sugar and keep mixing for 5 mins.
- Now add in boiled milk, condensed milk, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Fry cashews and raisans in little ghee and add it into the kheer.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
1)Take varagu arisi and sago in a pot
3)Bring it to a boil.
4)Cover and simmer for 20 mins till it is completely cooked.
5)Mash it well.
6)Add in sugar and mix well.
7)Keep cooking this for 2 to 4 mins.
8)Add in already boiled hot milk.
10)Dont boil it.
11)Now take it off the heat and add in condensed milk.
12)Add a good amount of condensed milk.
14)Add in cardamom powder
15)I fried some cashews and raisans in little ghee. Add it in
16)Add it in
18)Serve hot or cold.