Last Updated on December 26, 2020
"Easy kimbap (Korean sushi roll) recipe! Easy kimbap recipe. In Korea, it is called Yachae Kimbap (야채 김밥). It means vegetable kimbap and this is the most basic kimbap variety available in Korea."
Kimbap is a popular picnic food in korean. This vegetable kimbap is super easy to make and is purely vegetarian.
(wiki) Gimbap is a Korean dish made from cooked rice and other ingredients that are rolled in gim dried sheets of seaweed—and served in bite-sized slices. The dish is often part of a packed meal, or dosirak, to be eaten at picnics and outdoor events, and can serve as a light lunch along with danmuji (yellow pickled radish) and kimchi.
Don’t forget to check my other korean recipes too! These are more fancier varieties in my opinion. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE VEGETABLE KIMBAP
- Sushi RIce
- Seaweed Paper
- Spring Onions
- Green Chillies
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- PIckled Cucumber or Gherkins
- Spring Onions
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE KIMBAP
Cook Rice: wash sushi rice really well. Take it in a sauce pan, cover with water, salt and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till rice is cooked. Add in toasted sesame oil and mix well. Fluff up the rice and set aside.
ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS / SUBSTITUTION
- Korean kimbap ham -> sliced double smoked ham (no further cooking needed)
- Sliced cheese or cream cheese
- Bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef)
- Yubu (inariage)
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Korean Vegetable Kimbap Recipe
- Bamboo Mat
- 4 Seaweed paper
- 2 cups Sushi rice
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Cucumber cut in juliened
- 1 Carrot cut in juliened
- 3 tbsp Spring Onion chopped finely
- 1 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Oil
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- Radish pickle or cucumber gherkins
- Wash sushi rice really well. Take it in a sauce pan, cover with water, salt and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till rice is cooked. Add in toasted sesame oil and mix well.
- Fluff up the rice and set aside.
- Now take the seaweed paper, place the shiny side in the bottom of the sushi mat.
- Spread the cooked rice and spread evenly.
- Spread cucumber, carrots, green chillies, spring onions, pickled cucumbers and start rolling carefully.
- Now cut it using sharp knife. Serve.
1)Take 1 cup sticky rice or sushi rice in a sauce pan. Wash it really well.
2)Cover with water.
3)Heat it and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer till rice is cooked.
4)Fluff up the rice and set aside.
5)Add little sesame oil and mix well.
6)Heat oil in a pan. Add in garlic and saute for few seconds.
7)Add in spinach and saute for 1 to 2 mins.
8)Cook till spinach is cooked. Set aside.
9)Now let's make the kimbap. Take your sushi mat.
10)Take your roasted seaweed paper.
11)Place shiny side of the seaweed paper facing downwards.
12)Spoon the cooked rice on the sheet. Spread evenly.
13)Spread sliced cucumbers and carrots
14)Spoon some spinach, chopped green chillies, pickled gherkins.
15)Start rolling using the help of the mat.
16)Seal it tightly.
17)Now the kimbap is ready.
18)Slice it using sharp knife.