Vendaikkai Pachadi Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious ladies finger pachadi or okra pachadi which taste delicious with rice. This is a must make recipe for onam.
Finally Onam has arrived and I wish everyone a very very happy onam. Hope you all are bust planning your weekend. I too have a few plans for this. This is a simple side dish that can be made really quickly. Usually they deep fry ladysfinger for this dish but I just sautéd them in some oil till crispy and used it. And BTW I posted another recipe today so check it too. Hope you will give this a try and let me know what you think.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Vendakkai Pachadi Recipe | Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi Recipe
- 20 Ladysfinger chopped into thin rounds
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ cup Coconut
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds / Kaduku
- 2 Dry Red Chill
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- Heat 2 tblspn of oil and add the ladysfinger and green chilli and fry till it gets crispy and golden..It will take around 10 mins..
- Grind coconut into smooth paste..
- Take this in a mixing bowl and add curd to this..Season with some salt and mix well.
- Add the fried ladysfinger in this and mix well..
- Make tempering by heating oil and crackle some mustard,dry red chilli,curry leaves...
- Pour this over the mixture and mix well..
- Serve this with rice and any curry
Vendaikkai Pachadi Recipe step by step
|take all your ingredients|
|Just for fun|
|Chop up your ladysfinger and green chilli|
|saute this in oil..|
|Take coconut in a blender|
|make in to a fine puree|
|pour this in a bowl...|
|Add in curd|
|Season with salt..|
|Add in the fried ladysfinger|
|Now make your tadka|
|pour this over the ladysfinger|