Purple Cabbage Dal Recipe – Cabbage Moong Dal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy purple cabbage moong dal which is high in protein. This is a great way to include cabbage in your kids diet.
When cabbage is cooked, it loses many of its valuable minerals and vitamins. However, the antioxidants in purple cabbage are easier for your body to absorb from a cooked state. For the best benefit, eat a mixture of raw and cooked purple cabbage. When you cook the purple cabbage, avoid boiling it, as the water will sap the nutrients from the vegetable. Sauteing purple cabbage works well for most dishes. When comparing purple cabbage to other varieties, the notable difference is the antioxidant levels. The deeper pigmentation in purple cabbage indicates a richer supply of anthocyanins, which can help lower your risk of cancer, heart disease, macular degeneration and many other diseases.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Purple Cabbage - 3 cups chopped finely
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi paruppu - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Green Chilli - 1
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil /Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida /Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 cut into small pieces
- Take dal, coconut, cabbage,salt, turmeric and chilli in a sauce pan. Cover with water and cook till dal is done.
- Now take it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning and let it sizzle.
- Pour this into the dal and mix well.
1)Take purple cabbage
2)Cut them into small pieces
3)Chop them finely or use a food processor to chop it.
5)Take moong dal in a sauce pan
9)Add green chillies
11)Add turmeric powder
13)Cook till dal is done.
14)Remove to a bowl.
15)Heat ghee or oil in a small pan
16)Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida
17)Add curry leaves
18)Add dry red chillies
19)Pour this into the dal and mix well.