How to Cook Brown Basmati Rice – Absorption Method with step wise pictures.
Healthy rice which can be used in making pulao, biryani or fried rice. This basmati rice is rich in fiber and is very good for weight loss too.
I have recently started including brown rice in my diet. I dont like brown rice before, but when hubby and me started diet, we have strictly avoided rice, but when we feel like having rice, this is the rice which i prefer to use. I bought this container of brown basmati rice when we visited supermarket before, i totally loved it a lot and using it a lot now. I am using this for making biryani as well and finding it turn out good.
Brown Rice Egg Biryani
How to Cook Brown Rice by Draining Method
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Brown Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Take rice in a bowl and wash it really well with different changes of water. Now take it in a bowl and cover with water..Let it soak for a minimum of 15 mins, you can soak it upto 1 hour max.
- Now drain the rice and add it in a pot. Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer to the lowest flame. Cook this for 15 to 17 mins by which time the rice must have absorbed all the water.
- Now off the flame open it and fluff it with a fork. Cover the pot again and leave to sit for 15 mins.
- Now you can fluff it and serve or use in your cooking.
1)Take brown basmati rice in a bowl. Soak them for 30 mins.
2)Take it in a sauce pan.
4)Put it on heat.
5)Bring it to a boil.
6)Cover and simmer till rice absorbed all water
7)Take it off the heat and let it stand for 10 mins
8)Fluff up the rice