Rava Puttu Recipe – Sooji Puttu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious sooji puttu which taste so soft and delicious. This puttu not only taste delicious but it is easy to make as well. Healthy and nutritious sooji puttu which makes a great breakfast options.
Puttu is one of the famous keralan dish. They usually have puttu with fish curry or kadala curry. I have posted ragi puttu, wheat puttu, tapioca puttu. This one i made with sooji. It is so easy to make and taste so healthy and delicious.Great for kids. You can mix banana, sugar and little ghee and enjoy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sooji / Rava - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Jaggery - ¼ cup or as needed
- Salt to taste
- Water - as needed
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan, add sooji and roast till slightly aromatic.
- Take it in a bowl, add salt and water and mix well to form a coarse crumb. The micture should be wet and crumbly.
- Take coconut and jaggery in a bowl and mix well.
- Take puttu making cup, spoon some coconut mix and top with sooji mix. Steam for 10 mins.
- Remove and unmould.
1)Heat ghee in a pan
3)Roast for few mins.
4)Take it in a bowl
8)it should be wet and crumbly. Set aside for 20 mins.
9)Add more water if needed.
10)Take coconut in a bowl
11)Add in jaggery
13)Take puttu cup
14)Spoon sooji mix in
16)Steam for 10 mins
17)Remove and serve