Dry Fruits Brittle – Dry Fruits Chikki Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious sweet made using dried fruits and nuts. This brittle turns out so crispy and very nutty. Perfect to put in your kids lunch box.
I love chikki, they are not only easy to make but taste delicious too. This one is made using sugar, sugar is taken to caramel stage and then nuts are added. This chikki is delicious as it is or you can crush them lightly and then sprinkle over icecreams and many more.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Almonds - ¼ cup
- Cashews - ¼ cup
- Pistachios - ¼ cup
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Sesame Seeds - ¼ cup
- Take sugar in a pan and cook on medium heat till it starts to melt. Don’t stir often. Swirl the pan and keep mixing.
- Once the sugar is melted, and the sugar will reach a golden colour.
- At this point take it off the heat and add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon this over a parchment paper and grease a rolling pin with some oil.
- Use that to roll over the brittle so it is nice and thin.
- Cool it completely for 1 hour.
- Cut it or break it into pieces .
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take sugar in a nonstick pan.
2)Mix well and heat on medium heat.
3)Stir it well so sugar melts
4)Cook till sugar melts completely
5)Now it is almost melted.
6)Now it is caramel colour.
7)Add in cashews, badam and pista
8)Add in sesame seed
9)Add in black raisins
11)Spoon this into a parchment paper
12)Grease a rolling pin with oil and roll the chikki into thin.
14)Set aside for 1 hour till it is cooled completely.
15)Cut it into pieces
16)Enjoy or store in a air tight container.