Akki Roti Recipe – Pathiri Recipe – Rice Roti Recipe (Gluten Free Chapati)
Gluten Free Chapati recipe which turned out super soft and it a great substitute for regular chapati. Also it is a great way to use leftover cooked rice.
This is a very simple recipe which can be made using cooked rice, it turns out just like chapati even softer. If you are looking for gluten free option then this is a great recipe.
This roti is also called as Akki roti or Pathiri.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Cooked Rice - 1 cup
- Roasted Rice flour as needed
- Salt to taste
- Take cooked rice in a blender, add in salt and puree till smooth.
- Take it in a bowl, add rice flour and knead well till it forms into chapati dough.
- Divide it into small balls.
- Coat each ball in rice flour and roll it out.
- Cook on hot pan till cooked on each side.
- Serve hot.
1)Take leftover cooked rice in a blender
2)Add in some salt
3)Puree till smooth
4)Take it in a large mixing bowl
5)Add in roasted rice flour. I used store bought ones
7)Keep kneading and mixing till it forms smooth dough like.
8)Knead like a chapati dough like. Add more rice flour as needed
9)Divide into small portions.
10)Coat it in rice flour.
11)Take it in a rolling board
12)Roll like a chapati
13)Put it on hot tawa
14)Cook till small bubbles form on top.
15)Flip over and cook for few more mins
16)Cook till it well done.