Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious potato sabzi recipe made with no onions, no tomatoes and no garlic. This sabzi is easy to make and taste delicious with pulao or roti.
Are you tired of chopping and sautéing lots of onions, tomatoes and so many other vegetables to make a side dish for paratha or are you bored of grinding lots of spices and coconut until it gets wickedly smooth..HuH !!! lots of work to make a side dish.
Need a solution then check out this gravy which needs no onions, tomatoes and garlic. How easy is that. When I came across this recipe, I was quite surprised because how can we make a yummy gravy without any of these, but once I tried I was quite satisfied with the result. I hope you too will like it.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe (No Onion, No Garlic)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Cook potatoes until it is completely cooked. Remove it and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add gram flour, curd, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and beat well. There should be no lumps. Set this aside for a moment.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add all the seasoning ingredients in the given order starting from mustard seeds and let it fry for 30 sec.
- Add in the gram flour mixture and bring it to boil. Season with salt and mix well.
- Add in cooked potatoes and simmer this for 10-15 mins.
- Add more water if the gravy is too thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti.
Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients. I forgot to add kalonji here. Imagine that it is present
|Start from the potatoes...Cut them as per you wish
|wash them well and add it to a saucepan covered with salted water.
|Bring it to a good boil
|cover and simmer
|until potatoes are cooked
|drain it and set aside
|now make the sauce for this gravy..For this you need a blender, because it makes life so easy
|add curd to it
|add coriander and garam masala powder
|chilli and turmeric powder
|add gram flour
|Everything is in. now just whiz it up..It is that easy.
|ok now everything is smooth, without any lumps.
|add more water
|and blend again...Sauce done..Set this aside
|Heat oil in a kadai
|add mustard and cumin
|now cinnamon and cloves
|now fennel and kalonji (Pls imagine)
|fry them for 30 sec..Not more than that.
|now add in the sauce
|and mix well
|add some salt
|cover and simmer
|until oil floats on top
|add in potatoes
|and mix well. Simmer this for 15- 20 mins.
|until the gravy is thick and potatoes have absorbed all the flavours
|garnish with coriander leaves
|and give a final stir.