Spicy Andhra style vankaya fry or vankaya vepudu or Andhra Brinjal fry Recipe is a popular andhra recipe with lots of spices and it taste absolutely delicious.
Andhra means there should brinjal dishes in some form. This is a Andhra brinjal poriyal. A lovely stir fry with lots of flavour packed in it. As you all know that my mum loves brinjal and this was her favourite one.
Ingredients for brinjal fry
- Brinjal (Any Variety is fine)
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi- ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Curry leaves -1 spring
- Oil-3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam -1 tsp
- Coriander seeds / Malli – 1 tblspn
- Dry Red chilli-4
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam- ¼ tsp
- Channa Dal / Kadala Paruppu-1 tblspn
- Sesame Seeds / Ellu-1 tsp
Brinjal Fry | Andhra Style Vankaya Vepudu | Andhra Brinjal Fry
- Brinjal Any Variety is fine
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 3 tbsp Oil
- to taste Salt
For Roasting and Grinding:
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeerakam
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds / Malli
- 4 Dry Red chilli
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam
- 1 tbsp Channa Dal / Kadala Paruppu
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds / Ellu
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add in all the roasting spices. Fry this in a very low flame until everything turns into golden and smells good. Cool this and ground into a powder.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds and allow them to pop..
- Add in Asafoetida and curry leaves. Now add in sliced brinjals and toss well..
- Now add in salt and turmeric powder. Mix this well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 4 mins.
- Now open the lid and add in the powdered spices. Toss well and cook this uncovered for 10-15 mins on a slow flame.
- Switch off the flame and serve this with rice.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Andhra Brinjal Fry Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|