“A perfect low carb rice substitute when you are in a gluten free, keto or paleo diet. “
Cauliflower rice has got quite popular. It is a versatile vegetable and you can use them to make a perfect side for your meal.
Cauliflower rice goes well with curries, sabzi, grilled chicken, grilled fish or anything you like.
You can even make fried rice out of it.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice:
- Wash and soak cauliflower for 30 mins in salted water.
- Chop them finely
- Toss them in salt and leave them to sweat.
- Squeeze out extra water.
- Take them in microwave safe bowl. Cook covered till it is tender.
How long does cauliflower rice last?
Raw Cauliflower Rice
If you turn cauliflower into cauliflower rice and leave it in the fridge for a few days, it develops a strong and unpleasant sulfur smell. So its best to use it right away or freeze it.
Cooked Cauliflower Rice
Cooking cauliflower rice prevents it from developing a funky smell as quickly. Cooked cauliflower rice keeps for approximately 4 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Can you freeze riced cauliflower?
Yes! freezing riced cauliflower after pressing out the moisture and before cooking. Freeze in a sealed container for up to 1 month.
VIDEO RECIPE FOR LOW CARB RICED CAULIFLOWER:
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Cauliflower - 1 head
- Salt to taste
- Take cauliflower and cut it into florets.
- Soak it in salted water for 30 mins.
- Drain it. Take it in a food chopper or food processor and pulse few times till it is coarsely chopped like rice.
- Now take it in a large bowl, Add some salt and mix well.
- Cover and leave to rest for 15 mins.
- Now squeeze the cauliflower to remove all the excess water.
- Take it in a microwave safe bowl. Cover it and pop it into the microwave and cook for 5 mins.
- Now use a fork to fluff up the rice.
1)Take cauliflower in a bowl. Soak them in salted water for 30 mins.
2)Drain them and take them in a chopper
3)Cover and chop them
4)Pulse them till it gets finely chopped like rice.
5)Now it is chopped
6)Take it in a bowl
8)Mix well and set aside for 15 mins.
9)Squeeze and remove excess water.
10)Take it in a microwave safe bowl.
12)microwave for 5 mins
13)Now it is cooked
15)Spoon it into serving plates