Chicken Lollipop is one of the all time favourite recipe of everyone. I have already shared a lollipop recipe, it is just like a fried chicken recipe. This one has some sauce over it and makes it so finger licking good.
Chicken lollipop, my hubby’s favorite appetizer to order whenever we drop by any restaurant. I make it occasionally at home, because i dont find chicken lollipop often in the frozen section. This recipe is a restaurant style one, i already posted a sauce coated chicken lollipop already in this blog years back. If you are checking excuse me for the blurry image.
Couple days back, i bought a packet of lollipop. I told my sister about that, immediately she wanted me to make lollipop. I tried making it little differently like restaurant style and it was amazing..So juicy and tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Chicken Lollipop Recipe
- Chicken Lollipop - 20 pieces
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ½ cup
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tblspn + for deep frying
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped
- Green chillies - 2 chopped
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tblspn
- Red Chilli Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Green Chilli Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 5
- Garlic - 6
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Take chillies and garlic in a blender and puree roughly.
- Take flour, cornflour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add in chicken lollipop and mix well.
- Drop it in hot oil and fry till cooked. Drain and set aside. Now heat oil high, drop chicken and fry till crispy and golden.
- Now heat 1 tblspn oil in a pan, add in garlic, chillies and onion. Saute till translucent.
- Add all sauce and the ground chilli garlic paste and mix well.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the chicken and toss well.
1)Take dry red chillies and peeled garlic in a blender. Add some water and make it into a rough puree
2)Set this puree aside till use.
3)Take flour in a bowl. This is all purpose flour / maida
4)Add in cornflour
5)Add in salt
6)Add in some black pepper
7)Add the lollipop in and coat in the flour
8)Coat it well
9)Drop it in hot oil and fry till cooked.
10)Cook on all sides, it will take around 6 to 7 mins
11)Drain and set aside
12)Now increase the heat of the oil and drop the chicken back in, fry this till golden brown.
13)Drain onto some paper towel. This way the chicken will be super crunchy.
14)Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and green chillies
15)Add in onions
16)Saute for few mins
17)Now it is transparent
18)add in chopped capsicum
20) Add in tomato ketchup
21)Add in chilli garlic paste
22)Add in green chilli sauce, red chilli sauce and soy sauce
23)Add in salt and sugar. Add in some vinegar
25)Add in fried chicken
26)Toss it through