"Simple and easy chinese zucchini cakes is a delicious and healthy recipe which can be made in few minutes. Zucchini fritters makes a delicious snack as well."
I have seen so many recipes like this all over the internet. These recipes looked very easy and all requires a very basic batter. It is a yeasted batter and filled with zucchini.
The batter is then fried in a frying pan on both sides till crispy. The inside is so spongy and outside is very crispy. These taste amazing as a snack.
Variations you can make,
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped green onions
- Cheese & Jalapenos
- Grated Pumpkin
- Shredded Cabbage
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI CAKES
- Activate the yeast in warm water with little sugar.
- Mix flour, water and the yeast mixture along with little salt to a smooth batter.
- Leave to ferment for 30 mins.
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle with salt over it. Leave to stand for 10 mins. squeeze and remove extra water.
- Add the zucchini into the flour batter. Add in egg.
- Pour it into the frying pan and cook covered for 10 mins.
- You can sprinkle sesame seeds if needed for extra crispness.
- Flip over and cook.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES,
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chinese Zucchini Cakes
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 large Zucchini
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Take yeast, sugar, little warm water in a bowl and leave aside for 5 mins.
- Take water, yeast mix and salt in a bowl. Add in flour and mix well. Set aside for 30 mins to ferment.
- After 30 mins, add in egg and mix well.
- Now grate zucchini and sprinkle little salt over it. Leave it aside for 5 mins.
- Now squeeze it and extract as much liquid as possible.
- Now add this into the flour mixture. Fold gently.
- Heat a frying pan with oil. Spoon the batter in and spread evenly.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle top with sesame seeds.
- Now flip over and cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove and slice it into wedges.
1)Take dry yeast in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in little water and mix well
4)Now yeast is activated
5)Add in water into the bowl
6)Add in salt
7)Add in all purpose flour
8)Mix well so it is combined.
9)Leave to rise for 30 mins
10)Now take your zucchini and grate it
11)I used a coarse grater
12)Sprinkle salt over the zucchini and leave to rest for 10 mins.
13)Squeeze it in a paper towel.
14)Squeeze and extract as much liquid as possible.
15)Now it is squeezed
16)Take your batter.
17)Add in egg
19)Add in zucchini
21)Heat oil in a pan
22)Spoon the batter in
23)Cook on low heat
24)Cover and cook for 10 mins
25)Cook till done
25)Flip over and cook
26)Remove to a plate.
27)Cut it into pieces.