“No Churn Dulce De Leche Ice Cream is a combination of 2 ingredients which is mixed together till creamy. This is a no churn ice cream also you don’t need a ice cream machine for making this creamy concotion”
Dulce De Leche Ice Cream is a caramel flavored ice cream which is easy to make and taste absolutely divine. Homemade Dulce de leche is mixed with vanilla and whipped cream to create this amazing goodness.
Couple years back when we were travelling. I got to taste Haagen dazs dulce de leche ice cream. I was totally inspired from that. That was my inspiration for this recipe.
It is pretty easy to make dulce de leche at home. The most basic recipe calls for slowly simmering milk and sugar, stirring almost constantly. Once the mixture thickens and turns the color of caramel it is done. At this point, one must be careful not to burn it. It can take hours to make. But there are so many easy recipes to make at home.
ICE CREAM LOVERS! NEVER MISS THESE RECIPES
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Butterscotch Ice cream
- Strawberry Ice cream
- Rose Milk Ice cream
- Coffee Ice cream
ALSO CHECK THIS 18 Easy Ice Cream Recipes
The key ingredient, besides cream, is sweetened milk. It’s a Latin American treat that translates as ‘sweet milk’. That is, sweetened milk that’s been gently heated until it literally turns into a thick caramel. Finding this in india is little hard. But you could easily make it at home. All you need to make this is a can of sweetened condensed milk.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE DULCE DE LECHE ICE CREAM
- Whipped Cream: Always use chilled whipping cream to begin with. I would suggest you to freeze your bowls and beater attachment in the freezer for at least 2 hours. pour cold whipping cream in the frozen bowl and whip it using a electric beater till creamy and thick. Keep whipped cream in the fridge till needed.
- Dulce De Leche: If you are using store bought then you could use that. if not make your own using my recipe. MY RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE DULCE DE LECHE
- Flavorings: Now you could add flavor to the ice cream. I used vanilla extract. Naturally this ice cream has a caramel flavor to it. Addition of vanilla extract is optional but totally worth it.
- Mixing it all Up: Mix all three ingredients together till smooth and creamy.
- Freezing: Transfer this to a air tight container and freeze overnight. You need to freeze this overnight or at least 8 to 10 hours
Dulce De Leche Ice Cream can be stored in a freezer safe container in the freezer for upto 2 months.
Scoop Ice Cream into a bowl and drizzle with some salted caramel sauce or chocolate sauce and sprinkle chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added taste.
DESSERT SAUCES RECIPES
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Electric Beater
- 1 Can Dulce De Leche
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Take whipping cream in a bowl and whip till stiff peak is formed
- Take dulce de leche in a bowl and add vanilla and mix well.
- Add the whipped cream and fold gently till combined
- Transfer this mixture to a freezer safe container. Seal it tight and store in freezer overnight.
- Scoop and serve.
- You can make your own dulce de leche. Dulce De Leche Recipe Made From Scratch
- Add chocolate chips or caramel chips in this for extra bite.
- Instead of whipping cream, use non dairy whipped topping instead of whipped cream.
- Addition of any chopped nuts can be used like cashews, walnuts, almonds. In that case finely chop the nuts and mix into the ice cream.
STORAGE SUGGESTIONSDulce De Leche Ice Cream can be stored in a freezer safe container in the freezer for upto 2 months.
SERVING SUGGESTIONSScoop Ice Cream into a bowl and drizzle with some salted caramel sauce or chocolate sauce and sprinkle chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added taste.
DESSERT SAUCES RECIPES
1)Take dulce de leche in a bowl. I used homemade dulce de leche.
2)Add in vanilla extract
3)Mix well till creamy
4)Add in whipped cream
7)Spoon it in freezer safe container.
8)Cover and freeze
10)Scoop and serve