“Carrot Walnut Bread Recipe which is filled with CARROTS & WALNUTS. A Slice of this NUTS BREAD will make your breakfast or tea time snack even more perfect. A Slice of CARROT bread is topped with a slathering of butter and enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.”
You can make delicious bread in no time at all. Specially this carrot and walnut bread can be made in an instant. All you need is a mixing bowl and a spatula. You don’t need any a stand mixer or hand blender to make a perfect bread. Just find some time and bake yourself a delicious moist bread for breakfast.
If you want to make this carrot bread healthy you can skip regular flour with whole wheat flour. Also you can use melted butter for oil. If you want it to make it super healthy, use apple sauce instead of oil.
TIPS FOR MAKING CARROT BREAD
- Never over bake your bread. Keep checking the bread by inserting it with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean then the bread is baked.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Once the bread is baked, cool it for 10 mins and remove the bread from loaf pan and cool completely in a wire rack.
- Adding freshly grated carrots to your bread will make the bread moist and soft.
- Also gently mix the batter, mixing the batter too much will make it dense and dry.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT BREAD
- Dry Ingredients: Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt in a bowl.
- Wet Ingredients: Mix oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs together.
- Prepare Loaf pans: You could either grease the loaf pan with oil or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine: mix both dry and wet ingredients.
- Mix-ins: Add in good amount of grated carrots and walnuts.
- Cook time: Bake the bread for 50 mins to 1 hour
Carrot Walnut Bread can be customised as per your liking and preference. You can change it many number of ways. Few of my personal favourites are
- Instead of carrots, use grated zucchini or grated apples.
- Addition of other nuts like pecans, cashews or walnuts.
- Instead of baking it in a loaf pan, use a muffin tray to bake. It will take less time to bake than usual.
- Apple Carrot Bread: Use half the amount of grated apples instead of grated carrots which will make it more moist.
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE
- Serve: Cover your bread in airtight container after serving. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
- Store: Keep your bread fresh by storing in the fridge, sealed up, for about 2 weeks.
- Freeze: You can freeze this bread in an airtight container for 3 months.
MORE BREAD RECIPES,
- Oven to Bake
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar 200 grams
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil 160 ml
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida 180 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots grated
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degree c
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take oil, sugar, vanilla, egg in a bowl and mix well. This is your wet ingredients. Set this aside.
- Take flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well. This is your dry ingredients
- Now add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Fold gently.
- Add in carrots and walnuts and fold gently.
- Now add in the chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Spoon this into the loaf pan, top with chopped walnuts and bake for 50 mins to 1 hour.
- Remove this from oven and cool for 15 mins at room temp.
- Slice and serve.
STORING & SERVING:Once bread is cooled completely, cover it in plastic wrap. Secure it with some aluminum foil. You could either store in fridge for a week. Or store in freezer for a month. Thaw the bread in fridge overnight. Slice and serve. Serve it warm with a slathering of butter.
1)Prepare all your ingredients. Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature. You will need flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, sugar, oil, carrots and walnuts.
2)Take a mixing bowl, use one mixing bowl for mixing dry ingredients and one for mixing wet ingredients. Now start by making dry ingredients. Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
3)Add in baking soda / cooking soda. Also use measuring spoon to measure ingredients.
4)Measure cinnamon powder. You could use mixed spice or any of your favourite spice. Cinnamon powder goes well with these types of bread.
5)Use a whisk to mix it really well. This is your dry ingredients. Set this aside.
6)Now take another mixing bowl. This bowl is used to mix wet ingredients. Measure oil in a bowl, you could use melted butter instead of oil.
7)Add in sugar.
9)Add in egg. Use room temp eggs. I used 2 eggs.
10)Add in vanilla extract.
11)Whisk well till sugar is melted.
12)Add in dry ingredients flour mixture.
13)Add in grated carrots. Use freshly grated carrots.
14)Add in walnuts. Use finely chopped nuts. You could use any nuts as you like.
15)Fold gently using a spatula. Don’t over mix the batter. Use a spatula to gently fold the mixture.
16)Transfer the mixture to a parchment lined loaf pan. Top with more walnuts. Bake for 50 mins to 1 hour. Cool the bread completely. Slice and serve
17)Enjoy this bread warm or you could serve it toasted with some butter applied on top.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.