Eggless Ghee Cake Recipe - Clarified Butter Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
This clarified butter or ghee cake has the perfect texture even without adding eggs. The yogurt gives the tenderness to the cake and makes is super moist and the aroma of the ghee is just perfect.
Yogurt is a perfect egg substitute in this cake and gives the cake the perfect texture. It hold the cake together and give perfect clean slices. This cake was not too sweet at all. You can add chopped nuts or some tutti fruity in this too.
Eggless Banana Bread
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Oats Muffin
Banana Oats Bran Muffins
Banana Oats Muffins
I baked the cake at night and let it sit overnight and sliced it the next day. Look at the clean slices it gave. So let the cake rest before slicing. The aroma of ghee is yummy in this recipe. If you want you can add oil or melted butter too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Want a savoury cake, check this
Eggless Ghee Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Melted Ghee / Clarified Butter - ½ cup 120 ml
- Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Baking Power - ½ tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup 60 ml
- Yogurt / Curd - ¼ cup 60 ml
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ml
LOAF PAN SIZE 15 x 10 cm
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and flour a loaf pan or any pan and set aside.
- Take yogurt and baking soda in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add milk, melted ghee, sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add in all purpose flour and baking powder and fold gently,
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 30 to 40 mins.
- Insert a tooth pick to check whether the cake is done.
- Now remove the cake from oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy with a cup of chai.
1)Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
2)Take yogurt in a bowl.
3)Add baking soda and whisk well.
4)Set that aside for 1 min.
5)Add milk to it.
7)Whisk till sugar melts.
8)Add in vanilla
9)Add in melted ghee.
11)Add all purpose flour.
12)Add baking powder
14)Pour into baking pan.
15)Bake in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 30 to 40 mins. Remove the cake from oven and cool completely.
16)Once cooled, slice and serve.
18)Slice and serve with a cup of chai or coffee.
This is an extremely oily version.. I tried the same with double maida... ie half cup ghee and 2.5 cups maida... no vanilla essence. It came out beautifully with an amazing ghee smell.
I have realised your relative measurement of ingredients are not proper all the time.
Rest, you have taught me cooking. Thank you for that.
Hi aarthi.. Can u suggest a good oven( for baking cakes, cookies or may be tandoor)