Gingelly Biscuits Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Sesame Seeds Biscuits Recipe taste so delicious and crispy. Perfect with a cup of tea.
Gingelly Biscuits or Sesame seed biscuits not only taste amazing but is super simple to make.
Last week me and hubby went to bakery to pick up some stuffs. I just went through the shelves and found there was a variety of biscuits displayed. I found a biscuit named gingelly biscuits and i was surprised to see the name.
As soon as i came home i made the recipe using gingelly oil and sesame seeds and to my surprise it turned out more than i expected. The biscuits was flaky and crispy.
You will love this whole wheat biscuits too
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil - ¼ cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - ¼ tsp
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Sesame Seeds - 3 tblsp
- Water as needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Mix oil, sugar, salt, baking power in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add in flour and knead to a soft dough, If the dough is too dry, add little water.
- Roll it into a square and cut into squares,
- Pop it in a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove and cool.
2)Store in a air container and it stays good for a week.
1)Take gingelly oil in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in salt
4)Add in baking powder
6)Add in sesame seeds
8)Add in flour
11)Add in water
12)Shape it into a dough
13)Roll it into a square
14)Cut it into squares
15)Pop it in oven and bake till done