Chilli Paneer Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Restaurant Style Chilli paneer made by frying paneer and then tossing in a spicy chilli sauce with onions, capsicum.
Restaurant Style Chilli Paneer Recipe
Chilli paneer is my all time favourite, make it quite often..I have posted it before in this blog, that is a little variation of this recipe. I wanted to post an updated version with new pictures. So i made it couple weeks back and sharing it here..I served it with egg fried rice and it turned out quite good..You can serve it with any fried rice veg or non veg or noodles.
About Chilli Paneer Recipe
Chilli Paneer is a well-known Indo-Chinese dish. Even for beginners, the recipe for chilli paneer is quite simple and easy. Paneer is first coated in a cornstarch batter and fried until crisp. Then, ingredients such as garlic, capsicum, and spring onions are sautéed to make a fresh chilli sauce. The sauce is then made by combining red chilli
sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. Serve with rice or noodles.
This dry dish is good to have it as appetizer also. I will soon share a gravy version of it soon. You can check my other paneer recipes also. So try this out and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ingredients for Restaurant Style Chilli Paneer
Paneer has a mild, milky flavour and a dense crumbly texture that complements the strong spicy flavours found in many traditional Indian dishes. Because it does not melt like other cheeses, chunks of it can be stirred into soups or curries and stay whole.
Because of their higher sugar content, red capsicums are the sweetest and highest in vitamin C and beta carotene. Orange and yellow capsicums contain nearly as much sugar as red capsicums, whereas green capsicums have a low sugar content due to early picking, which gives them a slightly bitter taste.
Spring onions are very young onions that have been harvested before the bulb has had a chance to swell. The long, slender green tops and small white bulb are both edible and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Red Chilli Sauce
The most common recipe for this sauce includes dried red chilies, vinegar, tomatoes, and sugar, but other variations are possible. It is used to flavour a variety of dishes from various cuisines, ranging from Chinese to Mexican.
Chilli Paneer Recipe Video
Chilli Paneer Preparation Step by Step
Making Chilli Paneer Sauce
Start by making the sauce. Heat 2 tblspn of oil. Add in ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for a min. Add in onions, capsicum and saute for couple more mins. Sprinkle salt, sugar and mix well. Add in all the sauces and mix well. Cook on a low heat till oil separates from this. Add in chilli flakes and mix well. Set aside.
Deep Frying Paneer
Heat oil for deep frying. Take all the ingredients given for batter in a bowl, add in water and make it to semi thick batter. Dip the paneer in the batter and fry till golden. Remove it to a plate.
Making Chilli Paneer
Add in the fried paneer into the sauce and toss. Garnish with finely chopped green part of spring onion and mix well. Serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chilli Paneer Recipe | Restaurant Style Chilli Paneer (Dry & Gravy)
- 200 grams Paneer cubed
- 1 Onion peeled and cubed
- 1 Capsicum / Bell Pepper cubed
- 6 Garlic chopped finely
- 1 inch Ginger chopped finely
- 3 Green Chilli cut in diagnols
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Ajinomoto a pinch optional
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce or paste or to taste
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- Spring Onion a handful finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
for coating paneer
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 6 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce (optional)
- Water as needed
- 2 cups Oil (+for deep frying)
- Heat oil for deep frying. Take all the ingredients given for coating in a bowl, add in water and make it into a batter. Dip the paneer in the batter and fry till golden. Remove it to a plate.
- Mix all the sauces in a bowl and set aside.
- Now in the remaining oil(if there is no oil, add a tsp more oil). Add in ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for a min.
- Add in onions, capsicum and saute for couple more mins.
- Add in salt, sugar and mix well. Add in chilli powder and sauces and mix well. Cook for couple of mins.
- Add in the fried paneer and toss.
- Add in spring onion and mix well.Serve with noodles or fried rice.
Chilli Paneer Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
Chilli Paneer (Gravy ) Recipe
Making Chilli Paneer Gravy is so easy. All you need is few modification to the above recipe and you can make gravy version of chilli paneer.
When making the sauce. Add extra water to the sauce. Bring it to a boil. Mix 2 tsp cornstarch with some water to make a slurry and pour it into the sauce. The cornflour will thicken the sauce and gives it a shine and glaze. Now you can add your fried paneer and toss. Chilli paneer gravy can be served with fried rice, noodles.
How to Serve Chilli Paneer as Appetizer
This is the chilli paneer bites which i served for maha birthday and everyone loved it. It was tangy, spicy and packed a punch in the party.
This is your normal chilli paneer. But i modified it so i can serve it in a toothpick. It is so easy to make and it will make your party really special. The one thing is you have to cut your paneer cubes a little big, so i soaked that paneer in some hot water so it gets soft. I used cherry tomatoes to make it look beautiful, if you cannot get it, you can use normal tomatoes which is cubed.
Gobi Cashew Masala
Gobi Manchurian Gravy
Chilli Paneer Ingredients
- Paneer - 500 grams cubed into big chunks
- Onion - 2 large peeled and finely chopped
Spring Onion White Part - from 4 chopped finely
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 2 large cubed
Cherry Tomato - 20
- Garlic - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Ginger - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Green Chilli - 5 chopped very finely
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Tomato ketchup - ½ cup or to taste
- Red Chilli Sauce - 3 tblspn or to taste
- Green Chilli Sauce - 3 tblspn or to taste
- Soy Sauce - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Vinegar - 2 tsp or to taste
- Chilli Flakes- 1 tblspn
- Spring Onion green part - from 4 chopped finely
Oil - 2 tblspn
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ½ cup
- Corn Flour / Corn Starch - ¼ cup
Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil - for deep frying
Chilli Paneer Preparation
- Start by making the sauce. Heat 2 tblspn of oil. Add in ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for a min.
- Add in onions, capsicum and saute for couple more mins. Sprinkle salt, sugar and mix well. Add in all the sauces and mix well. Cook on a low heat till oil separates from this. Add in chilli flakes and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Take all the ingredients given for batter in a bowl, add in water and make it to semi thick batter. Dip the paneer in the batter and fry till golden. Remove it to a plate.
- Now heat the sauce again. Add in capsicum, cherry tomatoes and mix well and cook for a min.
- Add in the fried paneer and toss.
- finely chopped green part of spring onion and mix well. Take small toothpicks, put the cherry tomato first then capsicum piece and then the paneer piece. Serve
Looks yummy.... Wow... Thank u Aarthi! Will try it soon
Very nice..looks very yummy,will try
Mouth watering 🙂
Why do we need to soak paneer in hot water?
Bcz you want it soft
@meenakshiIf u want you can soak it in hot water before frying for making it soft.
Wow. Love the way u put the steps. Its only cuz of you dat now m getting interested in cooking. Thankyou. We love you:)
WOW! Really yummy! u made it very easy. thanks!1
Please explain the green chilli sauce have not been able to find it in stores.
Looks delicious !!
Anyone know of a good substitute for the Green chilli sauce? I can't seem to find one anywhere
@Anonymousif you have red chilli sauce, use that or just skip it and add some green chilli paste
Thanks fr the recipe... it tyrned out great... almost like restaurant one
Hey thanks fr the recipe.. it turned out really great... almost like restaurant one...
Whr can we find green and red chillie sauce? Can we make at home or use red chillie paste instead?
@Anonymousu can get it in any super market, look in the sauces section. Will soon share a homemade version
Hi Aarthi a big thank u from me n my family today i made this recipe it was superb delicious yuuummmy God bless u dear
Only one confusion is their paneer was hard don't know why, i used homemade paneer it was made by double tonned milk is this the reason?
Thanks & regards
@Anonymousjust soak paneer in hot water because using this will soften them
What can you use instead of green and red chilli sauce? Can you just do it without?
@Anonymousthose sauces add flavour, just add some green chilli or red chilli paste
Hi can you please post a link to the gravy one? I have tried this several times and my husband loves it!! I love how the recipe comes with step by step pictures therefore i can know how it should look like. Thank you for this
@Anonymouswill share it soon
@aarthi tried for first time & it was delicious.....thanks a lot...
Najuka & Vaishnav
A crowd pleaser !! Turned out to be delicious .thanks for sharing
wow! it is very yummy and mouth watering recipe. i love it Thnx for this recipe.
I find that after frying, if u put the paneer into cold water it maintains the softness...
HI ... i am new to the world of cooking and luckily i came across your blog. I tried two of your recipes . Chilli paneer was a huge hit and my husband loved it . Next from your list is chicken liver fry.
Keep doing the great work. Thanks a ton.
Thank u so much for this accurately and precisely described recipe. For a beginner like me such recipes are so helpful.Followed your recipe to the measure and my husband was super impressed.
First of all thank u so much for posing such a wonderful recipe.i made it,it come out hell good..everyone praised me and asked me to make it again.
Thank you so much for uploading these recipes! I just wanted to know if I want to make this gravy, how to do that?
Tried your chicken Manchurian recipe....it was just awesome...my husband just loved it..thank u so much for lovely recipes.
i tried and it turned so well....my kids are overjoyed...."mamma u make better than restaurant" is the best comment i got.....thank you so much aarthi..ur too good...
I've made this so many times now. And everytime I make it, I get lots of compliments. Thanks for posting this recipe, it's the best chilli Paneer recipe online
Browse through restaurants, read Reviews Sushi Restaurants, pre order and pre pay for meals, all of this and more, without the hassle of being confined to a computer. restaurant listings
Vinay Kumar Singh
nice recipe easy to cook by the help of pictures, nice work
Just to let you know I still make this recipe today. No one has topped this recipe yet! Keep up your amazing work!
I don't know why, the paneer coating got stuck to the kadhai, so it didn't turn out nice. Any idea why. I tried the other bath with slightly thicker coating too but still bad