Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Classic Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe - Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches with step wise pictures.
Super delicious icecream sandwiches which turns out perfect just like storebought ones. These deserts are perfect to enjoy during hot summer days.
I have been eyeing on martha stewart ice cream sandwiches for a very long time, finally i made it last week and it was super hit.
This recipe is very easy to make, there are few things you have to keep in mind.
1)Make the cake layer really thin.
2)Dont over bake it.
3)Freeze it till it is super hard so it will be easy to slice.
4)You can dip this in melted chocolate for more taste.
5)Cover the whole ice cream sandwich with parchment paper for easy transport.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Icecream Sandwich Recipe
- Unsalted Butter - 100 grams around ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Egg - 1
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ½ cup 60 grams
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup 50 grams
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla Icecream - ½ liter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line a 30 cm square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Take butter, sugar, vanilla in a bowl and mix well till creamy.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in flour, salt, cocoa and mix well.
- Spoon this into the pan and smooth it till it is thin and even.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins. Dont over bake.
- Remove it from oven and cool it down.
- Now remove the cake from parchment paper and cut it in half.
- Now scoop icecream and place it all over one half of the cake.
- Cover with other half and wrap it in parchment. Press gently.
- Now freeze this overnight.
- Remove it from oven and slice it.
- Serve immediately.
1)Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 30 cm square cake pan with parchment paper
2)Take butter in a bowl
3)Add in sugar
4)Add in vanilla essence.
5)Cream it well.
6)Add in egg
8)Add in all purpose flour.
9)Add in cocoa powder
10)Add a pinch of salt
11)Mix well to a thick batter
12)Spoon the batter into the pan
13)Spread evenly. The batter should be thinly spread.
14)Bake for 10 to 12 mins
15)Remove the cake from pan
16)Cut in half
17)you are going to spread ice cream on one half.
18)Place one half back on the pan.
19)Take your vanilla ice cream.
20)Scoop it up.
21)Scoop all over the cake.
22)scoop like this
23)Spread it evenly
24)Place another slice on top.
25)Wrap it well.
27)Next day slice it into pieces