Christmas Spiced Fruit Bread Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and fluffy fruit bread which is perfect for this holiday season. Make a batch and have in fridge, when need slice it up and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
My hunger quest for bread making will never end, i couldn’t stop baking my own bread quite often. OMG is the only thing i could say to you. Because this bread turned out to be so soft and fluffy.Very spongy.
I have a array of bread and bread based recipes in my blog, you can check all of them in my Recipe Index.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups + as needed
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 1/2 cup + 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
- Melted Butter - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried Fruits- 1 cup
- I used a mixture of raisans, sultanas, currants, dates, candied peels, prunes & mixed dried fruits like strawberries, kiwi, ginger, pineapple & cherries
- Take yeast, 1 tsp sugar in a bowl. Add little warm milk and let it activate for 5 mins.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, take egg, sugar, vanilla, milk and whisk well.
- Add in yeast mix, melted butter and mix well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and dried fruits. Mix well to a dough.
- Knead the dough gently.
- Cover and let it rise for 2 hours till it doubles in size.
- Now take the dough and knead well.
- Place a small bowl on a parchment paper. PLace the dough so it forms a ring like.
- cover and let it rise for 15 mins.
- During that time preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Now bake it for 30 to 35 mins
- Remove it and cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
1)Take dry yeast in a bowl.
2)Add in sugar
3)Add it little warm milk or water
4)Let it sit for 5 mins to activate the yeast.
5)Crack open an egg in a bowl.
6)Add in sugar
7)Add in vanilla essence
8)Add in some warm milk.
10)Add in melted butter
11)Add in the yeast mix.
12) Add it in.
13) Add in all purpost flour.
14)Add in some salt.
15)Add in cinnamon powder
16)Add in soaked dried fruits. I soaked these fruits in red wine for 2 days.
17)Knead it well.
18)Add some butter on top, cover and let it rise.
19)Let the dough rise for 1 hour to 1.5 hours till it doubles in size.
20)Knead the dough again.
21)On a parchment paper place a bowl. use a oven safe bowl.
22)Place the kneaded dough like this.
23)Top with more glazed fruits
24)Bake it in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins. Dust with powdered sugar once it comes from oven.
25)Cool it completely, then slice and serve.