Simple Kadai chicken with step by step pictures. This delicious chicken dish which has freshly roasted spice.
Kadai chicken is my favorite dish.This recipe is from Showmethecurry.com..It is a little dry dish. The chicken in this dish is cooked in its own juices. The original recipe calls for cream but I used milk, milk is always a good substitute for cream. don’t forget to add capsicum because it gives a unique colour and flavour to this dish. Usually every kadai food like kadai paneer, kadai potato, vegetable has one common ingredient that is this capsicum.
You don’t need any powdered spices, here the spices are freshly toasted and ground that gives a wonderful taste. I served this kadai chicken with Shahi Pulav(recipe coming soon). So please make this and leave comments.
Kadai Chicken Recipe
- Chicken-1 kg
- Onion-2 large sliced
- Tomato-2 chopped
- Capsicum-1 chopped
- Green chilli-2
- Ginger Garlic paste-1 tblspn
- Garam masala powder-2 tsp
- Dry Red chilli kanja milagai-7
- Coriander seeds kotha malli-3 tblspn
- Milk or cream-1 cup
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Ginger- julienned for garnishing
- In an oil less frying pan,add dry red chilli and coriander seeds and fry till it is nicely toasted.Remove it from the pan..let it cool down then grind it into a powder.
- In a kadai add oil and heat it up,then add in onions and stir well.Cook until golden brown.
- Add in tomatoes and green chilli and cook untill the tomato is mushy.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.Now put in the powdered spice and mix well.
- Add in the chicken pieces,Season with salt and stir well.
- Cook for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked.Throw the capsicum in.
- Add in the garam masala powder and mix well.Now pour in the milk..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and julienned ginger pieces.Serve hot with rice or anything.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Kadai Chicken Step by Step