Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Khoya Modak Recipe - Mawa Modak Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is not a proper modak. It is a no steam khoya burfi which is shaped in modak shape. You can make this for ganesh chathurthi for a different take.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Khoya Modak Recipe - Mawa Modak Recipe
- Khoya / Mawa Unsweetened - 1 cup crumbled
- Sugar - ¼ cup or to taste
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Take khoya in a pan, add in 1 tsp ghee and cook till it softens.
- Add sugar, coconut and mix well. Cook till it leave the sides of the pan.
- Add in remaining 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook till it leave the sides.
- Cool it down.
- Place it in greased mould and shape it.
1)Take crumbled khoya or mawa in a pan
2)Add in ghee
6)Add in coconut
8)Cook till it leaves the sides
9)Add a spoon of ghee
11)Add some cardamom powder
13)Remove to a plate
14)Take a mould and grease with ghee
15)Place the mawa mix in
16)Cover it and seal it