Makki Ka Chilla Recipe – Yellow Cornflour Pancake with step wise pictures.
This cheela taste so delicious and is easy to make. It is not only healthy but is very quick to put together. It is almost instant.
My mom always make this dosa whenever we run out of dosa batter. This version has chopped onions, chillies, curry leaves, pepper and coriander leaves. I have a quick version which is super fast to make.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Yellow Cornflour / Makki Atta - 1 cup
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Curd / Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Crushed Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Oil for making cheela
- Mix all ingredients together to a smooth batter.
- Heat a pan, make dosa. Drizzle oil around the sides.
- Cook till golden in the bottom. Flip over and cook.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.
1)Take makkai flour in a bowl
2)Add wheat flour
3)Add onion, coriander leaves, ginger and green chillies
7)Mix well to a smooth batter
8)Add in cumin seeds
10)Drizzle oil around the sides
11)Flip over and cook