MILLET CAKE RECIPE "Healthy Millet Cake Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Light and Airy millet flour cake which makes a nutritious snack for your kids. "
Millet cake is a perfect recipe to make when you crave for something sweet. But you want to make it healthy. This is one of the recipe which I came up in masterchef test kitchen. I made it with kodo millet flour and it turned out perfect.
This recipe I made with pearl millet flour and still it turned out perfect. You can make this with any grain flour and even rice flour.
About Millet Cake
Healthy and Nutritious Cake made using Millet flour. Any flour can be used to make this cake. This doesn't need maida, butter or any raising agent like baking powder or baking soda. Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this wholesome cake.
Health Benefits of Pearl Millet
- Naturally Gluten-free
- Plant-Based Protein Source.
- Rich in Iron and Antioxidants.
- Reduces Blood Sugar.
- Helps in Weightloss
I used pearl millet | kambu to make this cake. You can use kodo millet, thinai, varagu, kuthiraivalli, ragi to make this cake. You can even use quinoa flour to make this cake.
Ingredients for Millet Flour Cake
- Millet flour (use any variety)
- Beat Eggs with Sugar till light and airy.
- Sieve in Millet flour
- Add in milk and vanilla. Fold gently.
- Spoon into pan and bake.
- Slice and serve.
More Cake Recipes which you might like
- Banana Upside Down Cake
- Almond Cake
- East Chocolate Mud Cake
- French Apple Cake
- Ragi Pumpkin Seed Muffin
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Millet Cake Recipe - Kambu Cake
- Electric hand beater
- 2 Eggs
- 60 grams Millet Flour
- 50 grams Sugar
- 20 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 4.5 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides and set aside.
- Take eggs in a bowl. Use a electric beater to whip till fluffy.
- Start adding sugar little at a time and keep blending till stiff peaks are formed.
- Now using a sieve sift the millet flour in and fold very gently.
- Add in milk and vanilla and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 mins till the cake is done.
- If you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. The tooth pick should come out clean.
- Once the cake is cooked, remove from oven and set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Now use a knife to gently release the cake from the sides.
- Un mould the cake from the mould. Cool completely in a wire rack.
- Dust the top with icing sugar. Slice and serve.
- You can use any millet flour, dry roast the millet in a pan. Cool it completely. Powder it fine. Sieve it and use.
- Make sure you whip the eggs really well with the sugar till stiff peaks are formed. This step makes the cake light and fluffy.
- Adding vanilla is optional. You can use ground cardamom as well.
- Instead of millet flour, you can use rice flour as well.
- Every oven is different. So keep checking the cake.
- If you use a bigger cake pan, the cake will cook even faster.
Storage SuggestionsStore the cake in an air tight container for up to 2 days at room temperature.
You can store the cake in fridge for longer.
Serving SuggestionsYou can serve the cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
Millet Cake Pictures
1)Line a 4.5 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside. You need to fill the cake pan till the top to get height on the cake.
If you are using bigger pan, just double the recipe.
2)Take 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl
3)Use a electric beater to whip the eggs till light and fluffy.
4)Add sugar little at a time and keep blending.
5)Keep whisking the egg till stiff peaks are formed.
6)Now eggs are whipped.
7)Now sieve in millet flour.
9)Add in milk
9)Add in vanilla
11)Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
12)Bake till done.
14)Slice and serve.