“Mozzarella en Carrozza is a delicious sandwich made using bread and cheese. This sandwich is dipped in egg and fried till golden and crispy creating a gooey sandwich. “
A carrozza, also referred to as mozzarella in carrozza is a type of fried cheese sandwich in Italian cuisine and Southern Italian cuisine. It is prepared by coating a mozzarella cheese sandwich in egg and flour, and frying it.
The carrozza is prepared with mozzarella cheese, an egg wash and bread slices. It can be prepared with various breads, such as Italian bread and sandwich loaf, among others The bread crust is sometimes removed before it is fried, and the bread can be slightly toasted before the sandwich is fried. Preparation involves assembling the sandwich, dredging it in flour, dipping it in an egg wash and then pan frying it.
HOW TO MAKE MOZZARELLA IN CARROZZA
Bread: use soft white bread, for making this sandwich. Remove the crust off when making this.
Cheese: use mozzarella cheese for making this. Either slice it or grate it.
Coating & Frying: coat the bread in milk, flour and egg before frying for getting the perfect texture.
Serving: serve the bread hot with some tomato ketchup.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Also check out Korean Cheese Buldak
- 8 slices Bread
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 large Egg
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Milk
- as needed Oil as needed
- Take bread slices, remove the crust off.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of the bread. Cover with another bread and seal it well.
- Now dip the bread in milk, then coat in flour and then dip in egg and drop it straight into the oil.
- Fry the bread on medium heat till it is golden and crispy.
- Drain the fried sandwich in paper towel.
- Serve hot.
- Use soft white bread for this recipe for best results.
- Use mozzarella cheese for strechyness and taste.
- Fry the bread in any neutral oil for best taste.
- You can slice the mozzarella cheese instead of grating.
Serving SuggestionsServe this mozzarella sandwich hot with some ketchup.
1)Take cheese in a bowl.
2)Slice off the crust off.
3)Take egg in a bowl
4)Season with pepper.
5)Season with salt.
6)Whisk till combined.
7)Add in cheese over bread.
8)Cover with bread.
9)Dip in milk
10)Coat in flour
11)Heat oil in a pan
12)Dip the bread in egg
13)Fry bread in oil
14)Cook till golden brown.
15)Flip over and cook
17)enjoy cheesy bread.