Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Mexican Sandwich with Step by Step Pictures.
Kidney beans sandwich which taste amazing and is delicious to make as well. This rajma filling can be made a day ahead. This taste amazing when served with tacos or with rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mexican Sandwich Recipe
- Kidney Beans / Rajma - 2 cups
- Olive Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 2 chopped finely
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomato Puree - 1 cup
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Bread Slices - 10
- Cheese - 1 cup shredded
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Soak kidney beans overnight. Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistle. Set aside,
- Heat oil and saute onions, garlic and chillies. Cook till golden.
- Add in beans along with cooking liquid, salt, all spices and mix well. Add in tomato puree and mix well.
- Mash it well using a masher.
- Simmer for 15 mins or so.
- Take bread slices, Fill with beans, cheese, onions, tomatoes,
- Cook till golden on both sides till golden.
1)Pressure cook kidney beans in a cooker till it is cooked.
2)Heat olive oil in a pan
3)Heat it well
4)Add in onions, garlic and green chillies
5)Add in beans
6)Add in parsley, oregano
7)Add in cumin powder
8)Add in salt, red chilli flakes and black pepper
9)Add in tomato puree
10)Mash it well
11)Now the mix is done
12)Spread this over bread slices.
13)Add in spring onions
14)Add in tomatoes
15)Spread mayo on the bread slices
17)top cheese on the tomatoes
19)Cook on a pan till golden on both sides.
20)Cook till golden