Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Cherupayar Ularthiyathu or Green gram stir fry with step by step pictures.
Green gram stir fry recipe with step by step pictures.
This recipe is super easy to make and goes well with porridge of your choice.
If you ever ask me what do you need after a week of tiring days or when you drop home after a long vacation or feel like eating nothing heavily because you have got into a overeating week. In fact i crave for this if i didn't get to eat this for more than a month or so..Then this is the answer from me. This combo is amazing. There is nothing more comfortable for me than this.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Green Gram Stir Fry
- Green Gram - 1 cup
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10
- Dry Red Chilli - 4 to 5
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Dry Red chillies - 2
- coarsely crush onion, garlic, chillies.
- Pressure cook green gram for 1 whistle and set aside.
- Heat oil, add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add ground paste and saute for a min.
- Add cooked beans and mix well. Season with salt and mix well.
- Serve with kanji.
1)Take green gram in a pressure cooker. Cook them for 1 whistle.
3)Take shallots and garlic in a blender
4)Add dry red chillis
5)Grind them coarse.
6)Heat coconut oil in a pan
7)Add seasoning ingredients
8)Add curry leaves and dry red chillies
9)Fry till crispy
10)Add in ground masala
11)Stir fry for 1 mins.
13) Add cooked green gram