Pheni Paratha Recipe – Seviyan Paratha Recipe with step wise pictures.
Such a flaky pheni paratha which is crispy and flaky at the same time. This paratha is super easy to make and taste delicious with raita and chicken curry.
This is a recipe or dish which was introduced to me by my husband. He bought home this parota once and it tasted so delicious. I wanted to recreate it and i made it yesterday for breakfast. It tasted so delicious. I served it with leftover chicken gravy and onion raita.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Oil or Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
- Warm Water as needed
- Ghee for making paratha
- Take flour, sooji, salt, sugar and ghee in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and milk and shape it into a soft dough. Apply oil over it and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take a small portion of dough, roll it thin. Apply ghee over it.
- Cut it into thin strips. Gather it together and roll it. Spread it evenly.
- PLace it in a hot tawa.
- Apply oil or ghee and cook till golden on both sides. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Once it is cooked.
- Remove and serve.
1)First lets make the dough. Take all purpose flour in a bowl
2)Add some sooji
5)Add in ghee or oil
6)Mix into the flour
7)Add luke warm milk or water
8)Shape it into a dough. Add more water if needed
9)Apply oil over it and cover with a wet cloth and leave for 1 hour
10)Take small portion of dough
11) Roll it thin
12)Spread ghee all over the roti
14)Cut it into thin strips. the thinner the better.
15)Gather it together
16)Roll it out. Set aside for 20 mins.
18)Cook on a pan till golden
20)Apply ghee all over it
21)Flip and cook till golden on both sides