Potato Masala Recipe for Idli & Dosa with step wise pictures.
Healthy side dish made using potatoes which taste great with idli or dosa. You can even serve it with roti as well.
This one is similar to the curry which i have showed you. But i made it a little different. And it can be served with idli and dosa. It has carrots in them and has simple spices.
This recipe can be made easily during busy mornings for breakfast.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Potato Masala Recipe for Idli & Dosa
- Potato - 3 boiled mashed roughly
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle some mustard, curry leaves.
- Add in onions, chillies and carrots. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well. Add spice powders and mix well.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
1)Take boiled potatoes
2)Mash it well.
3)Heat oil in a pan.
4)Add in mustard seeds
5)Add in asafoetida
6)Add in curry leaves
7)Fry for few sec.
8)Add in carrots, onions and chillies
9)Saute them for a min.
10)Add in ginger garlic paste
12)Add salt, chilli and coriander powder
15)Bring it to a boil.
16)Add in mashed potatoes
18)Simmer for few mins.