HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 EVERYONE!
Raffaello Cake Recipe - Coconut and Almond Layer Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
A decadent raffaello cake which is made using almonds and coconut. Taste so rich and makes your special day even more special.
I have been wanting to make this cake for like so many months. Ferrero rocher and raffaello are my favorite chocolates on earth. I wanted to bake cakes inspired by them for a long time. Finally i made it this month and it turned out delicious.
It was my dream to bake this cake, Finally i did it and it was so delicious and decadent. I am telling you, this is one of the best ever cake i ever baked.
Also check out my ferrero rocher cake
This is a eggless sponge milk cake, soaked in sweetened condensed milk and cream sauce. Then the frosting is made using condensed milk, white chocolate and cream. The frosting is thick and sweet and luscious. To give the taste of raffaello, i added some coconut in the middle of the cake. Then the whole cake is frosted and topped with almonds and coconut and finally the crowning flory raffaello chocolates.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 cup 300 grams
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Melted Butter - ½ cup 120 ml
- Milk - ½ cup 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cup 240 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- White Chocolate - 1 cup chopped
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - ½ cup
- Whipping Cream - 2 cups
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 4 tblsp
- Milk or Cream - ¼ cup
- Shredded Dried Coconut - 1 cup or as needed
- Rafaello Chocolate as needed
- White Chocolate made into curls
- Roasted Almonds - 1 cup chopped finely
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line two round cake pan with parchment paper and grease it lightly. Set aside.
- Take flour, baking powder and baking soda in a sifter and sieve it.
- Take condensed milk, sugar milk, melted butter and vanilla in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in flour and fold gently,
- Spoon this into the baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove it and cool it down completely.
- Meanwhile make frosting, take chocolate and condensed milk in a sauce pan and melt it down. cool it lightly.
- Now whip some cream till stiff. Add chocolate mix and whip till stiff.
- Mix condensed milk and milk together for soaking the cake.
- Now take each cake and cut it in half in the middle.
- Take a cake slice and place it in a plate. Cover the sides with parchment paper.
- Now spoon some sauce on top.
- Now spread some frosting, top with some coconut. Place another cake on top and repeat this till the last layer.
- Now cover the whole cake with frosting. You can crumbcoat the cake first, chill for 30 mins and then frost it completely next.
- Now place almonds around the sides of the cake.
- Top with coconut and white chocolate curls. Now place rafaello chocolate around the sides.
- Chill the cake for 1 to 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take flour in a sifter
3)Add in baking powder
4)Add in baking soda.
5)Sift it and set aside.
6)Take condensed milk in a bowl
6)Add in melted butter.
7)Add in vanilla essence
9)Add in milk.
10)Whisk till smooth.
11)Add in flour mix
13)Batter is done.
14)Pour it in two parchment lined baking pan
15)Smooth the top
16)Bake till done, cool the cake completely.
17)Now lets make the frosting. Take cream and whip till thick.
18)Take sweetened condensed milk in a sauce pan.
19)Add in chopped white chocolate
20)Melt it down completely.
21)Add a scoop of whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mix and fold it.
22)This lightens the chocolate mix and makes it easy to fold into the cream.
23)Add the chocolate mix into the cream.
25)Whip till stiff.
26)Now make the soaking syrup. Take condensed milk in a bowl
27)Add cream or milk.
29)Now take your cooled cake.
30)Slice it in half,.
31)Now place the cooled cake slice in a plate.
32)Place parchment paper around the sides.
33)Spoon over some of the sauce.
34)Spoon some frosting on top.
35)Top with coconut.
37)repeat it till you reach the top layer of cake.
38)Soak with the sauce.
39)Top with some frosting.
40)Cover the cake lightly to crumb coat the cake. Chill the cake for 30 mins.
41)Now cover the entire cake with more frosting.
42)Now the cake is completely covered in frosting.
44)Place almonds on the sides.
45)Sprinkle the top with coconut.
46)I made some chocolate curls by scraping a bar of white chocolate with a knife.
47)place it on top.
48)Remove the parchment paper.
49)Take some raffaello chocolates.
50)Arrange it on top. Chill the cake for 2 to 3 hours before slicing.