Last Updated on September 11, 2021
"Smoky Rosemary Sambaram with Step by Step Pictures. Traditional Sambaram gets its own twist from rosemary. Buttermilk infused with beetroot to get a beautiful pink colour and smoked with rosemary to give a earthy taste."
Rosemary smoked sambaram is a recipe which I came up on the mocktail challenge round in masterchef tamil. Smoked it with rosemary and gave it a pink tint using beetroot.
Check out our other indian style recipes -
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Smoky Rosemary Sambaram
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 Green chilli
- 2 inch Ginger
- Curry leaves a handful
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ cup Beetroot
- 3 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- Soda Water Sparkling Water as needed
- 1 Lemon
- Grind ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves, curry leaves to a smooth purée.
- Add in yogurt, salt, asafoetida and beetroot and grind again till it is smooth.
- Strain this mixture. Check for salt and seasoning.
- You can keep this mixture in fridge until required.
- Take this in a large mixing bowl. Place a small bowl on top, burn some rosemary springs on gas stove and place it into the bowl. Cover with larger bowl and let it smoke for 2 mins
- Pour this into individual serving glasses. Don’t fill too much. Just fill half way through.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig and fresh red chilli.
- Just before serving, pour soda and mix.
- You can use a blow torch to ignite the rosemary sprig kept for garnishing when serving.
Tamil Smoky Rosemary Sambaram Pictures
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take ginger and green chilli in a blender
3)Add in asafoetida
4)Add in curry leaves, beetroot and coriander leaves
5)Add little water
6)Grind to a puree
7)place a strainer on top of a bowl
8)Strain the mixture
9)Now the mix is done
10)Take yogurt in the blender and blend till smooth.
11)Add this into the beetroot mix
12)Add in lemon juice
13)Add in salt.
15)Heat some rosemary
16)Place it on a small foil cup and cover it with a lid.
17)Dip the cup rim in lemon juice
18) Then rim the glass in lemon zest and salt.
19) Cups are done.
20)Skewer rosemary on the top
21)Pour sambaram mix in
22)Top with soda water
23)torch the rosemary and serve.