Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Homemade Asafoetida Recipe - How to Make Hing at Home with step wise pictures,
This homemade version of asafoetida is so much stronger and it has much more aroma than regular store bought powdered ones. This is easy to make and is much healthier.
I always find that store bought asafoetida powder is not as strong. Its aroma and flavour gets reduced as it stays on the pantry shelf. Homemade asafoetida powder is easy to make and its flavour is so good. Once you start using this, then you will never go back to store bought ones.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Homemade Asafoetida Recipe - How to Make Hing at Home
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kayam - 50 grams packet
(USE BAR OR KATTI PERUNGKAYAM)
- Take asafoetida bar and place it in a microwave safe dish.
- Put it in oven, and microwave it for 2 mins.
- Now it will get puffed like a ball and gets lighter in weight.
- Take it off the heat and cool it down.
- Crack it into small pieces using a stone or mortar.
- Take this in a blender and powder to a fine.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take a bar of asafoetida in a microwave dish.
2)Put in microwave and cook on regular cooking mode for 2 mins.
3)It will puff up and the bar will get lighter in weight as well.
4)Cool it completely and put it inside a bag or plastic cover and Crush it using a rock
5)Crush till it is crushed
7)Take it in a blender
8)Powder to a fine mix
9)Take it in a container and store.