Thayir Vadai Recipe with step by step pictures. Curd vada made with urad dal fritters, curd, seasoning.
Thayir Vadai Recipe
Whenever we dine out at Arya Bhavan or Gowri Shankar restaurant which are the best vegetarian hotels here in my opinion, I used to order curd vadai as a starter or like soups which we order in other hotels. Those guys make the amazing vadai and curd vadai.
The curd is thick, homemade and unsour. That makes it more tasty and appetizing. I always wanted to make it at home for so many days and yesterday was the day and i made it. It tasted exactly like that one. I hope you will try this out and let me know how it turned out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Thayir Vadai Recipe | Curd Vada Recipe
- Medu Vadai - 10
- For Curd Mixture:
- Thick unsour curd - 2 cups Click here for Recipe
- Carrot - 1 small grated
- Green Chilli - 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- For tempering:
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Make some vadai. Check this link for how to make vadai.
- Now make the curd mixture, Take curd in a bowl and beat well.
- Add in carrots, green chilli and coriander leaves in this and mix well.
- Now add in salt and sugar and mix them well.
- Make tempering by heating oil and crackling mustard, urad dal and curry leaves in that. Pour this over the curd mixture and mix well.
- Now lets assemble the curd vadai. Take fried vadai and soak them in boiling water. Leave them for 1 mins in the water and drain them.
- Put them in a bowl and pour the curd mixture over it.
- Leave them to soak for 30 mins.
- Serve them with more carrots on top.
Thayir Vadai Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take your Vadai Batter (Click here for recipe)|
looks yummy .. My fav
very nice, indeed. I like the addition of sugar .
by the way please remove the word recognition ,,,it is very difficult to read them correctly. many people will not comment to avoid this irritating step.
have a nice week
Wow!! Its taste good!! my mummy use to do this in very yummi'est way but she ll do in some different way by after deep frying the vada from the oil she ll throw the vadai to water and she ll drain nice from the water because the vadai ll become so soft den for seasoning including this things she ll add very little amount of coriander powder because it smells so good den for serving she ll add kaara bhondhi and little black salt at last!!!!wow mouth watering recipe!! I love it so so mach
wow my fav thayir vadai recipe..looks yummy..
looks so grt
Can u plz share north indian dahi bhalla recipe
Super the taste is wonderful. Thanks for the recipe