Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Spinach Tomato Dal Recipe - Palakoora Tomato Pappu Recipe with step wise pictures
Healthy spinach tomato dal taste so delicious with hot rice. This tomato dal is tangy and so flavourful. The taste goes well with rice or roti.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in ghee which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Spinach Tomato Dal Recipe - Palakoora Tomato Pappu Recipe
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Spinach - 4 cups chopped finely
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ½ cup
- Cook moong dal till soft and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onions, chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute for 2 mins,
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add spinach and mix well. Cook till it is wilted.
- Now add in cooked dal, water and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add in onions
2)Add ginger garlic paste and chillies
3)Saute for a min.
4)Add in chopped tomatoes
5)Cook till mushy
6)Add salt and turmeric powder
7)Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder
9)Add in chopped spinach
10)Cook till it is wilted.
11)Add in cooked moong dal
15)Mix well and bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 mins. Take it off the heat.