Plain Vanilla Tea Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a light fluffy tea time cake. I flavoured it with some vanilla. This cake taste amazing with a cup of tea or coffee. It is not that sweet so it goes well with a cup of chai.
I came up with this recipe because i wanted to bake some cake which i light and not so sweet so we can have with a cup of tea or coffee. The cake is super simple and basic to make. This cake is very basic recipe and anyone can bake it.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Vanilla Tea Cake Recipe | Tea Kadai Vanilla Tea Cake
- Egg - 2
- Sugar - ½ cup + ½ cup 200 grams
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup 110 grams
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Cashews for topping
My 1 cup measures 240 ml
Cake pan size 8 inch round pan
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Line a cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take eggs in a bowl and whisk till it is frothy. Add ½ cup sugar little by little and whip till frothy and light. Set this aside.
- Now in another bowl. Take butter, ½ cup sugar and vanilla and whip till creamy.
- Add in milk and whip well.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Now add in the eggs little by little and fold gently.
- Once the batter is well mixed, spoon this into the prepared cake pan and top with cashews.
- Pop this in oven and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
2)I halved the recipe and made a small cake in a 5 to 6 inch cake tin.
3)The written recipe makes a 8inch cake
4)You can make cupcakes using this batter too.
5)This cake is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea, so it is not too sweet.
I actually halved the recipe. The written recipe is for a standard 8 inch cake pan. I used my mini 5 to 6 inch cake pan.
1)Take eggs in a bowl
2)Whip till frothy
3)Add sugar little by little
4)Keep whipping till it is light and mousse like
5)Once it is mousse like, set aside.
6)Take butter in a bowl
7)Add in sugar
9)Whip till creamy
10) Add milk
11)Whip till creamy
12)Add in all purpose flour
13)Add in baking powder
14)Add in salt.
16)Add in the whipped eggs little by little
17)Fold gently the first half
18)Now add remaining eggs
20)Now it is mixed well
21)Spoon it into the pan
22)I lined the pan with parchment paper
23)Top with cashews
24)Bake till done
25)Cool it completely
26)Slice and serve