Nadan Kerala Parippu Curry Recipe - Kerala Style Dal Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Simple parippu curry which has a keralan touch to it. It goes well with hot rice with a drizzle of pure desi ghee. Yum Yum.
I have shared lots of dal curry on my blog. This one is super easy and super tasty. The seasoning is what makes it unique. Also try to make seasoning in coconut oil or ghee for maximum taste.
CHECK OUT COMPLETE ONAM RECIPES
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Nadan Kerala Parippu Curry Recipe
- Yellow Split Moong Dal - ½ cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Green Chillies - 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 3
- Coconut Oil or Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Shallots - 4 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast moong dal for 2 mins. Take it in a pressure cooker, add turmeric and water and pressure cook for 3 whistle. Open and add salt.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds,garlic and chillies to a smooth paste. Add this into the dal and mix well. Boil for 2 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal and let it sizzle. Add curry leaves and dry chillies. Add onions and fry till golden.
- Pour this over the dal and mix well.
1)Take moong dal in a pan.
2)Roast it for couple of mins.
3)Take it in a pressure cooker, cover with water
4)Add some turmeric powder
5)Cook till done.
6)Take coconut in a blender
7)Add in green chillies, cumin seeds
8)Add in garlic
9)Make it into a smooth puree
10)Add it to the dal
11)Add some salt
12)Bring to a boil and take it off the heat.
13)Now make seasoning, heat coconut oil or ghee. Add mustard and urad dal
14)Add curry leaves and dry red chillies
15)Add in chopped shallots or onions
16)Cook till golden brown
17)Add to the dal