Squid masala or Kanava Masala Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
This is my sixth recipe using squid, they are in season right now. Hubby got a bunch of those few days back and i made this delicious roast. I have asked him to get more, so i can share few more recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Curry leaves a handful
- Green chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tblps
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Squid - 500 grams
- Heat oil in a pan, add in ginger, garlic, onion, curry leaves and chillies. Saute for 2 to 3mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in spice powders and salt. Mix well.
- Add squid and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins.
- Now open and lid and cook till it dries a little into a thick masala.
- Now add in pepper powder and mix well.
1)Heat coconut oil in a pan
2)Add in chopped garlic, ginger, onions, curry leaves and green chillies
3)Saute for 2 mins or so
4)Add in tomatoes
6)Add in turmeric powder
7)Add in chilli powder and mix well
8)Add in coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder
9)Add in salt
10)Add in squid
12)Cover and cook till squid is cooked completely
13)Add in black pepper powder