Street Food Style - Chicken Masala Roast Recipe with step wise pictures.
Really spicy and lip smackingly delicious street food style chicken masala roast. This taste so yummy with either roti, paratha or chapati.
This is a chicken roast or masala recipe that is so good. This recipe is spicy and kind of addictive. You will love it for sure. If you can add some lemon juice to increase the taste.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Street Food Style Chicken Masala Roast Recipe
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Coconut Oil - 5 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry Red Chilli - 10
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4 slit
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves a handful finely chopped
- Soak chillies in hot water. Drain and take it in a blender. Add garlic and grind it to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Take chicken, salt and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and chillies and cook till golden.
- Add in chicken and sear well. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 mins.
- Add in chilli puree and mix well. Cook till it dries up.
- Now add in salt, garam masala powder and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 15 mins
2)Drain and add it to a blender
4)Make it into a fine puree
5)Take chicken in a bowl.
6)Add in lemon juice
7)Add in turmeric powder and salt.
8)Mix well. Leave to marinate for 30 mins
9)Heat oil in a pan
10)Add in onions
11)Saute them well
12)Add in green chillies
13)Saute till golden
14)Add in chicken
15)Saute them well
16)Cover and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 mins
17)Now chicken is cooked
18)Add in dry red chillies mix.
19)Saute them well.
20)Add salt and mix well.
21)Cook till the chicken is well roasted.
22)Add in garam masala powder and pepper powder.
24)Add in coriander leaves and mix well
This street style masala chicken turned out excellent.i followed the recipe to a t.Aarthi in the ingredients list you have forgotton to mention lemon juice.i followed the pictorial .the chicken turned out toooo good.My children loved it.I am so delighted I found your site.even your toasted paneer for toddlers is wonderful and easy.thank you.
Looks Delicious!! Will definitely try it. All your dishes I have tried in the past came out great!!! Thank you!
One question, in the photos, it seems the garlic is not peeled. Can we use the garlic without peeling the outer skin?
you can remove the skin if you want to
you can peel it