“This barbeque Tandoori Fish is a classic Indian recipe that is very popular and it is pretty easy to make.”
Tandoori fish is nothing but whole fish marinated in yogurt and spice lemon marinate which is then grilled to smoky and charred. The charred texture add so much flavour into the fish. I used simple marination like chilli powder, cumin, turmeric, chaat masala, tandoori masala, lemon and yogurt. It was super delicious.
Tandoori fish was always on my to do bucket list for quite sometimes. Last weekend we decided to do it and shoot a video of it for my youtube vlog channel. To my surprise it turned out super delicious. The fish which i used in a large fish called as “paarai meen” You can any white fleshed fish with center bone.
Tips for perfect tandoori fish
- use firm white fleshed fish
- clean fish really well so there is no fishy smell.
- marinate the fish for atleast 1 hour
- grill it in super hot barbeque or super hot oven in grill mode.
If you don’t have tandoor or charcoal barbeque, you can easily cook this in oven.
- Preheat oven to grill mode on the hottest temp 250 degree C.
- Line a tray with foil.
- Place a grill rack on top of the tray.
- Place fish on top.
- Cook on top rack of the oven and cook in grill mode for 10 to 15 mins.
- Thats it.
If you love these type of recipe, then you will love my continental style baked fish and indian masala baked fish
How to get rid of fish smell from fish?
1)Mix salt and turmeric in fish and leave to marinate for 10 mins. Rinse it well.
2)Apply vinegar or lemon juice over fish and wash it well.
3)Apply, salt, turmeric, lemon juice over fish and marinate for 10 mins. Now wash it well.
4)Soak it in milk: Casein, a protein found in milk, will bind to the TMA and leave the fish smelling fresh as ever.
5)Mixture Of Corn Starch, Salt And Powdered Turmeric. Apply this over fish and wash it well.
6)Plain salt water can get rid of the fish smell.
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
What is tandoori fish?
What is tandoori paste made of?
What flavour is tandoori?
This Tandoori fish, i made it in a charcoal barbeque and it turned out super delicious. I also used fish rack to make this fish and everyone loved it.
Tandoori Fish is
- Spicy and tangy
- super flavourful
- fish is juicy and moist
- smoky and filled with flavour
- easy to make
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Whole fish
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 4 tblsp
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblsp
- Red Chilli flakes - 1 tblsp
- Chaat masala powder - 1 tsp
- Tandoori Masala - 1 to 2 tblsp
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mix all ingredients for marination.
- Make deep slashes in the fish. Apply the marination on top and both sides.
- Set up barbeque.
- Oil the fish rack.
- Place the fish in and cook on barbeque till charred on both sides. Drizzle oil as needed.
- Keep cooking till it is cooked.
- Serve hot.
2)If you don't have a fish grilling rack, use a aluminium foil to cook the fish.
3)You can marinate the fish overnight.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)I used a whole fish which is cleaned.
3)make deep slashes in the fish
4)Now lets make the marinate. First take yogurt in a bowl
5)Add in lemon juice
6)Add in ginger garlic paste
7)Add in garam masala powder, tandoori masala powder and chaat masala powder
8)Add in red chilli flakes, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala powder
9)Add in kashmiri chilli powder
10)Season with salt
12)Apply this all over the fish
13)Leave to marinate for few hours
14)Set up your barbeque
15)Take your fish grilling rack. Apply oil over it.
16)Place your fish in
17)Cook till fish is cooked in the bottom
18)Cover and flip. Cook on other side too.
19)Let the fish cook on both sides till charred